Reduction Pruning

RC0

8 hours ago, treeseer said:

Sounds good; would love to climb with you someday.

We could explore that country/culture myth, and the handsaw "when needed" myth as well, when we have time.

Im leaving town for a few days in a minute so heres a short  answer. The term myth is generally used to describe a belief that is widely held but untrue. It us is no myth that a chainsaw is faster than a handsaw....line them up and race if you need prove. Then multiply the time difference over 50 cuts that might be made on a pruning job. Then factor in the time deficiency in the work positioning requires to get optimal leverage while using a handsaw (not a requirement with a chainsaw). Its a no brainer. 

As for the country/culture myth. I recall a girl in California once, commenting how she loved my accent, and what State was I from ? She was quite eloquent and well mannered otherwise.....but didnt comprehend there was a little bit more to the world than the US. I sound nothing like American, for the record. First American I ever met shouted across a restaurant "hey, you look like you just got back from the States ? "..... refering to my tan that id just acquired in Spain. He clearly didnt think the sun could shine anywhere other than. He was a psychologist too, as it turned out. But incredibly self absorbed and inward looking the more I got to chat with him. Not to stereotype every Amercan, but your denial of cultural differences and values shows a naivety on par with the two people I just spoke of. Or maybe theres just some American humour that Im not picking up on....because Im English. Catch you next week maybe.

• Like 4

And lovers gonna love.  :)

I've been to and worked in many countries, so the yank bashing does not stick.  Why do Brits hate on Americans so?  The war ended 240 years ago after all.

I can pull out a handsaw a lot faster than you can pull out a chainsaw.  Plus I do not have to drag around the dam thing.  Sure let's race--but it would be more fair if we allowed 1 second handicap for every year difference in age! lol

Plus if polesaw use is allowed it would be no contest.

But it's not quantity but quality that matters anyway.  Smaller cuts are better for the tree.

Read about the American governments history of the CIA.
That's why most of the world hates the US government.
Oh and let's not forget US support for fascists in Europe during the 20's and 30's.
Historically speaking the US is nearly as evil as the British.
[emoji23][emoji12][emoji106]

Ok, look up the "gold dinar"
Or the Tonkin bay incident That's fun.
If you've got time "propaganda and control of the public mind" by Noam Chomsky.
"History of the British SIS" is another corker.
But if you have the inclination, it's all on tinterweb or your local library.
[emoji106]

A very good point Mick.
But I'm afraid you'll have to look it up yourself.
The best documentation is at Kew archives.
But most large libraries will probably have something about US and European/Russian politics from that period.
Newspapers of the day are also quite fascinating.
Even some novels of the era talk about the inevitable end of capitalism (Orwell).
[emoji3][emoji106]