Sthil MS 462 C-M Forestry Chainsaw

Alycidon

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Crucially the bigger Stihl has more torque than the smaller Husqvarna . The guy in the vid uses the bigger Stihl first and then tries to make the smaller Husqvarna work the same by leaning on it this makes it bog slightely a couple of times .

Is this not a general trait? Not used the two brands for as long as some on here but the Stihl's seem to have a bit more torque but run a bit slower. Husky's great for cutting within bar length and snedding while the Stihl's have that low end grunt for keeping going with the tip buried. 

I quite strongly dislike Stihl but unfortunately I think the new 4- series saws are flipping good, as is the 661

I’m feeling this a little now , the 462 looks impressive on paper with the same power as the. 461 and the weight virtually of a 560 what’s not to like.

12 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Is this not a general trait? Not used the two brands for as long as some on here but the Stihl's seem to have a bit more torque but run a bit slower. Husky's great for cutting within bar length and snedding while the Stihl's have that low end grunt for keeping going with the tip buried. 

yes in the past I have always thought the same . Stihl slightly slower but more torque Husky slightly faster and clears the chip better . I think that difference is diminishing with the newer saws . The point I was making was that the first saw is 72cc and the second 59cc and you cant expect them to behave the same  in a given situation . .

Edited by Stubby