Sthil MS 462 C-M Forestry Chainsaw

Alycidon

8 hours ago, Stubby said:

yes in the past I have always thought the same . Stihl slightly slower but more torque Husky slightly faster and clears the chip better . I think that difference is diminishing with the newer saws . The point I was making was that the first saw is 72cc and the second 59cc and you cant expect them to behave the same  in a given situation . .

Yes I think that was the case but now why should I care that the Stihl has a bigger engine it's power to weight that counts, and possibly fuel economy.

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Yes I think that was the case but now why should I care that the Stihl has a bigger engine it's power to weight that counts, and possibly fuel economy.

Power to weight ratio surely counts but over all weight is the main factor for me .  A Saturn rocket probably has a better power to weight ratio than a map gas torch but ...?

what about the new husky 572 that's out next week   if you want something comparable to the 462  or the 562 is a cracking saw also if you find the weight is going to be an issue  for you 

Iv had my 572xp for over 2 months it's a cracking saw used it with a 28 inch bar and it didn't slow down was on a spruce planted in 1947 the bar couldn't cut right through it left a peg in the center brilliant saw
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

It's overall weight which is starting to get me.
I used a stihl 440 for many years, but my go to saw is a 261 now.
It's so much lighter, will pull 18" all day.
But yeah, the 461 comes out if the wood needs it.

A good 261 will pull a 18" no bother but i love a 261 on 16" bar full chiz chain,great little saw.

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 2

Iv had my 572xp for over 2 months it's a cracking saw used it with a 28 inch bar and it didn't slow down was on a spruce planted in 1947 the bar couldn't cut right through it left a peg in the center brilliant saw
Not trying to derail but where did you get your 572 from id order one now if you know sonewhere i was told late next week

12 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

A good 261 will pull a 18" no bother but i love a 261 on 16" bar full chiz chain,great little saw.

Have they sorted 261’s out at last ? I had one , couldn’t keep it going on sprocket bearings ended up with a new crank under warranty !! 

It got binned in favour of a 560 , which incidentally has been faultless .

Edited by TreeswingerPerth

9 hours ago, TreeswingerPerth said:

Have they sorted 261’s out at last ? I had one , couldn’t keep it going on sprocket bearings ended up with a new crank under warranty !! 

It got binned in favour of a 560 , which incidentally has been faultless .

Yeah apparently,but personally i wouldnt gamble on one.

Our 2x 261's are older models  but i know a bloke who got a newer one and says its a belter!

Not trying to derail but where did you get your 572 from id order one now if you know sonewhere i was told late next week
Burnside Garden Machinery

Queenzieburn Farm ,Queenzieburn
Kilsyth
Lanarkshire
G65 9EE 
Show driving directions

Phone - Store:01236 825826

He has one on the shelf I think it needs parts he has been robbing it

1 hour ago, johnnyboy158 said:

Burnside Garden Machinery

Queenzieburn Farm ,Queenzieburn
Kilsyth
Lanarkshire
G65 9EE 
Show driving directions

Phone - Store:01236 825826

He has one on the shelf I think it needs parts he has been robbing it

well if he does hes just sold that  thanks mate  how come it needs parts is it not new