Ducker or Schliesing

Jonny Burch

Evening all!

I’m looking for a front mounted chipper for the mog. Have been offered a u400 and a ducker. I like the idea of having a ducker as currently have a tp200 so can use parts off that but have never used a schliesing. Could those that have please give me some feedback. 

Many thanks

Jonny 

Edited by Jonny Burch

In a similar situation myself.. will keep an eye on this thread..

Looking at a schliesing 300 or farmi ch250.. not sure which would be better.. from what ive seen the schliesing would probably be better on twisted macrocarpa or leylandii but the farmi could be crane (or digger) fed. not sure if a ducker could be compared to a farmi? but anything would make more sense than the 5inch shredder i have now!

Either the ducker or schliesing will look the business out front on a mog!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, john meehan said:

The farmi isn’t fond of brashy material especially conifer type stuff.

I’d definitely go with the schiesling

Thanks John, Theres something about the schliesing, looks tidier and probably the better machine for domestic work.. lighter too.. especially if i was to end up front mounting it then drawing the digger behind.. had an idea that the farmi may work better as a crane fed machine.. 45 degree infeed hopper might improve visibility.. by the time i finish making my mind up both will probably be sold!!

Thats farmi v schliesing sorted, now back to ducker v schliesing.. Sorry Johnny, kinda hijacked your thread there!

Easy to overload your rear accele with a schliesing especially a 550 which is why a lot of people front mount, the farmi might have its failings but kept sharp it chips as well as anything else and is light and compact to carry, John Mason still has my old one for sale at a good price.
For front mount it really depends on if you want to go din plate mount or have front links, the din plate means it's close coupled so easier at junction and less leverage on front but generally quite high to feed but linkage gives the option to swap onto the back if you also have a reversing box for the pto and it can be dropped onto the floor but might struggle to blow back over the cab.

2 hours ago, Gray git said:

Easy to overload your rear accele with a schliesing especially a 550 which is why a lot of people front mount, the farmi might have its failings but kept sharp it chips as well as anything else and is light and compact to carry, John Mason still has my old one for sale at a good price.
For front mount it really depends on if you want to go din plate mount or have front links, the din plate means it's close coupled so easier at junction and less leverage on front but generally quite high to feed but linkage gives the option to swap onto the back if you also have a reversing box for the pto and it can be dropped onto the floor but might struggle to blow back over the cab.

Is that your old 250 i'm looking at then? its with John Mason, sub 4k.. Genuine question, Is it still a good machine?! age isn't as much of a factor to me as maintenance and overall quality of the machine.. penty of dirt out there ex hire or thrashed by careless employees! plus the schliesing is in holland so transport will be higher cost.. would like the option to have both front or rear depending on job, adaptability is key!

No the 260 was ours, bought from global, electric controlled roler spools with a long lead on so good for crane feeding as someone can stand well back if feeding with a digger or in cab if feeding with same tractor it's on, it's a nice sound simple machine and preduce lovely flake chip.
http://masonwoodchippers.com/listing/farmi-ch260-woodchipper-p74/