Cabstar or Transit

Treepeople1

Hi all, sadly my 04 Cabstar has reached its shelf time and I’m looking for a new Arb truck any thoughts on what’s the better option these days? I was thinking a later Cabstar or possibly a transit Iv done my years over different firms working from transits but the Cabstar pulls like a train in comparison.

Not sure that offroad capabilities are relevant if you are just comparing Cabstar and Transit as neither are any good offroad.

I am a farmer and have had a Cabstar for decades (not the same one) and offroad capabilities are not one of its strong points but nor are they quite as bad as people make out. I have always had mud and snow pattern tyres on them mind.

• Like 1

I have a 2010 Cabstar, it is excellent for turning in awkward places, other than that it's a pain to check the oil, it doesn't like being loaded and towing the chipper at the same time (only a TW125)cos the towbar is very low...and it pulls rubbish unless it's empty then it's like a train.

• Like 1

I have a year old cabstar and it's a great truck. Amazing turning circle and will out pull most transits I have driven

Iv been looking at newer Cabstars and the price is so much higher than that of a transit of the same age it’s a tough one but I do love the turning circle on my old Cabstar.