Pull start not pulling smoothly

Supergunner

I have an Einhell saw that I just purchased today and whilst doing some light work a log fell onto the tip of the bar knocking the chain off. It started again after re-fitting but wont start now.

There seems to be resistance when I pull the start cord.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You might want to check the recoil spring isn't buggered up! sometimes they get all in a muddle when they get knocked - Stihl 260's used to do it all the time - you had to bash the casing with a combi spanner till they wound in again! might be worth getting the flywheel side casing off, disassembling and cleaning the recoil mechanism and rewinding the spring back in. not a hard job but would be easier if you had 4 thumbs!!

On 14/08/2018 at 20:08, Supergunner said:

I have an Einhell saw that I just purchased today and whilst doing some light work a log fell onto the tip of the bar knocking the chain off. It started again after re-fitting but wont start now.

There seems to be resistance when I pull the start cord.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Take it strait back . I understand they have a warranty which means you could get a free one every couple of months .?

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1