Help/advice re. apprenticeships

Gabriel Showell Nicholas

I am a sixth-form leaver looking for an apprenticeship in tree-surgery/forestry. I am very passionate to learn about forestry and am a hard worker and fast learner. Any advice on how to get an apprenticeship or actual apprenticeship offers starting December onwards would be very helpful. I am 18 years old, physically strong, motivated and I have a full driving licence and car. I live in Kirklees (Yorkshire) but I am willing to travel and find accommodation anywhere in the UK.

Thank-you in advance,

Gabriel Showell Nicholas

Hi there Gabriel, 

we are having our former apprentice leaving as the job wasn’t for him. Check our Facebook page out and see what you think (huw forestry) tree surgeons. We would be happy to concider you. Our base is at DN14 8QU . 

Would highly recommend Ben and his company. He is a sound, honest bloke to deal with and I’m sure he’d be a pleasure to work for!
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gabriel,

If you have your chainsaw ticket we take on a woods volunteer each year and can provide accommodation and plenty of hands on experience in felling, extraction, planting, fencing and everything that falls into woodland management on an estate.

Previous volunteers have done this as part of an apprenticeship from college in Hereford when FC England were funding, not sure if that is still the case, we are Wales based. Most volunteers have gone on to paid work in a related field having picked up the skills and confidence.

The ad is now live http://bit.ly/2wlx5h4  

Or you can contact me through the office email, [email protected]

Cheers,

Tim