New Panther Intersect - what do you think?

Rob D

We have almost finalised design for the new Panther Intersect - I'm now finding using this mill is pretty exciting! We are now just a few design tweaks off having it finished. It is for saws 50cc-70cc and runs with a lo pro 25" bar (this is not essential but it is preferred running gear).

You can perform vertical and horizontal cuts with this set up. Roller wheels grip the first cut system and make pushing the mill effortless - there is no need to hold the mill down or steer it - you can push it one handed (although of course you need both hands on saw at all times!) You really don't need a winch for this - it is easy to operate.

Because it can cut both horizontally and vertically you can do much larger logs than the saw cutting width (which is 20"). The large surface area of where the saw is bolted to the bar means little to no bar tip deflection. Even if the saw does not clear through the bottom of the log cutting is still safe and smooth as the mill is locked onto the rail and can't move.

You will be able to slab a 2 foot log in situ without having to shift planks after each cut.

Existing Panther owners who already have the first cut HEAVY system will be able to run this as a vertical set up on their first cut rails.

This is the beta version - but thought you'd enjoy a sneak preview :) Due out end of August.

Panther Intersect.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew McEwan said:

Looks good, impressive if that is a ~50cc  (or is it a 620sx?)saw in oak?

Notice there is a big-ish gap between bar bolts and front of saw, could that be reduced to give a longer effective cut for a given bar length?

It is a 620SX - yes we are removing the clamping handle so then it can gain another 2" of cut length.

Max cut length is 20" on a 25" bar. If on a 20" bar it would be 15".

The mill is effortless to use and you'll be able to slab the whole tree without having to move a plank (you slab from the bottom up rather than top down).

On 14/08/2018 at 07:43, Mat K said:

Niceeeeeeeeeee :) I am happy I contributed (I think?) with the wheels? If not it doesn't matter I am happy still:D I will need one so save me one !

Haha! We were always going to have the wheels but of course if others say the same it helps keep us on the same line. We have none in actual production yet but will be very soon.

• Like 1