ECO friendly log nets

RDB logs

I don't see why you can't reuse the nets but experience says a lot of customers don't do returns. .. 

I'd go with paper bags/boxes, you can use them to light the fire then.

I like the idea of boxes, could be quick to fill and easy to stack, have looked before but i think quite a bit more than nets price wise, would also have to be dry before packing to avoid the mould, still think it could work though
  • Like 1

Just had a look out of interest and they are quite a bit more but I found some 3mm ones for less than a pound. I quite like the idea of boxes for stacking too and possibly they would be easier to fill with less snagging. 

Screenshot_20180811-101941.png

• Like 1

That's going to be £1.04/log just for the packaging. :D

The reason nets are the usual choice is because they are the best thing for the job. Lightest, cheapest, best airflow, won't collapse as soon as there's a bit of mist and the least waste in terms of volume when empty.

The alternatives are always going to be more expensive, that is the nature of the beast. Returnable wooden crates or even plastic crates would be a better long term solution but the initial outlay there would be big.

We live in a disposable society and one that expects everything at rock bottom prices. People will say they want to look after the environment but only until they are asked to pay for it.

Edited by Peasgood
  • Like 2

On 11/08/2018 at 12:42, Peasgood said:

That's going to be £1.04/log just for the packaging. :D

The reason nets are the usual choice is because they are the best thing for the job. Lightest, cheapest, best airflow, won't collapse as soon as there's a bit of mist and the least waste in terms of volume when empty.

The alternatives are always going to be more expensive, that is the nature of the beast. Returnable wooden crates or even plastic crates would be a better long term solution but the initial outlay there would be big.

We live in a disposable society and one that expects everything at rock bottom prices. People will say they want to look after the environment but only until they are asked to pay for it.

That’s exactly why I’m struggling with an alternative - airflow- mould- cost- stackable- being able to see the product- 

i like the the idea of potato sacks though?