Peter's Truck Thread

Peter

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rupe, you need category C, which is the old class 2 HGV. If you want to tow with it you need C+E, the old class 1HGV. I have both anyway, so not a problem for me.

Chipbox is in the pipeline, but it needs to earn some money first. I dont run my own chipper at the moment anyway.

Yeah but, did you have those already?? or take an extra test?

I have C1E on my license is that the same thing?

C1E means you can drive up to a 7.5t vehicle with a trailer, think it used to be called class 3? You've got grandad rights, unlike us nippers that have to take the tests.....

R

Still cant tow a trailer over 750kg on grandad right i dont think mate

You're sort of right I think. Believe max authorised mass is 8.25t as opposed to 12 if you've done the tests so in theory you could have 5t truck with 3.25t trailer. I think........

I've done cat c and think I'm in the same situation, will be resolved next year with full artic though.......

Yeah but, did you have those already?? or take an extra test?

I have C1E on my license is that the same thing?

I had them already, so that made it a bit more economical. To get both would cost around £2k.

C1E is 7.5 tonne with up to 750kg trailer, or 8.25 tonne combined, ie bigger trailer smaller towing vehicle.

Yeah but, why did you have them already?? Did you do it while in the SAS?

I'm genuinly interested, was meanign to ask you when I next saw you but since you started your own thread I thought I would ask. I always thought it seemed a big truck for a youngster like your self?

I got it when I worked for Stockport Council, they offered it to me on the provisio that I went on call for highway gritting. Once I had C, I still needed C+E to tow the chipper with the 7.5 tonner, so they paid for that too.

SAS sounds cooler though, I'll go with that.