Peter's Truck Thread

Peter

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I'm happy now. Before it was fine, but hard to manoevre and easy to overload.

You made it more simple to use and fit for purpose! Like it. Wasn't sure if it was something that "had" to be done or not. I do like it though, i'll put one on the list. I'm think of another LDV project first though. camper van!

My old boss had a full length 18 tonner flatbed, and it was a pain for suburban tree work. It only really came out for massive lumps, and in big parks or roadside stuff. This is much more versatile.

i like the crane at the back, mine is the same but i am thinking on getting it moved to behind the cab. what do you think? i want bolsters like yours but also greedy sides, but i feel with the crane at the back i wont be able to get stuff in by hand if i have to.

Wouldnt bother moving it, much more versatile where it is.

I still have the solid sides, if I drop the lower halves I can load by hand, but tbh most things go in bulk bags or get loaded with the grapple.

you could always make it in a draw bar unit for extra pay load

The design weight for my truck isnt really big enough to make it worthwhile replating and getting the draw bar fitted up. I will be getting a tow bar and a 3.5 tonne trailer though.

If I wanted a draw bar rig, I'd be looking for a 26 tonne gross 6 wheeler with at least 350hp.......