The Sheraton 5 Stove - Will It Put Stovax Back On the Map

Single glazed on mine. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a double glazed door now you’ve come to mention it [emoji848] will keep my eyes peeled tho for future, not something i’d really take in to consideration either till you’ve said it. Whats the difference without stating the obvious, if there is any? Are they Literally just thicker? Just thinking from an intense heat point of view, surely it couldn’t withstand the heat if it was like a traditional double glazed unit? The inner air/gas of the unit combined with heat would cause it to break surely? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

27 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Single glazed on mine. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a double glazed door now you’ve come to mention it emoji848.png will keep my eyes peeled tho for future, not something i’d really take in to consideration either till you’ve said it. Whats the difference without stating the obvious, if there is any? Are they Literally just thicker? Just thinking from an intense heat point of view, surely it couldn’t withstand the heat if it was like a traditional double glazed unit? The inner air/gas of the unit combined with heat would cause it to break surely? emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png

I think the Burley operates on the principle of containing the heat in the fire box as much as possible to promote a clean burn .  The double glazed door goes some way to help achieve this .

• Like 1

On 16/08/2018 at 11:19, BowlandStoves said:

I see Stovax are listed on the Hetas website as complying with the Ecodesign 2022 regs:-

https://www.hetas.co.uk/ecodesign-ready/

Whether all of their stoves are compliant is another matter.

Cant see how,  you will be aware of the efficiency differences on older models to new ones.   Any design more than a few years old will not have terciery air to aid efficiency so is likely to be knocked on the head.   Someone told me using the SIA Ecodesign label on a model is now chargeable and its far from cheap, have you heard anything about that ?.

A

So instead of using self sourced or bought wood to heat your home you use electricity or gas which is refined and made using heavy amounts of fossil fuels to heat your home!.....
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
wonder which produces more or worse emissions then?! [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849] some politicians need a sharp crack with a very blunt heavy instrument sometimes!!! You just know whats coming next though don’t ya......
“well you can keep ya wood burner but you need to pay a tax to do so”
blah blah blah.... boring [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42] world (uk) gone mad again!!!

25 minutes ago, Ratman said:

So instead of using self sourced or bought wood to heat your home you use electricity or gas which is refined and made using heavy amounts of fossil fuels to heat your home!.....
emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png
wonder which produces more or worse emissions then?!

This depends on what cost you decide to put on which pollutant emitted. Most of the current drive is to reduce particulates, also with some input from the mayor of london who has a personal interst in breathing difficulties. So if you mean particulates per kW of heat delivered into a home I'd say electricity from fossil fuels and natural gas win hands down. Carbon dioxide is another matter.

• Like 1