Fuelwood woodcutta and splitta video, nearly 20 years and still chopping !

Bustergasket

3 minutes ago, Bustergasket said:

Thanks, it’s taken a few evenings but now it’s paying me back, even managed to have a day off on sunday emoji106.png but then sold a load of kindling ! still it’s all good fun

What processor did you run before this?

It's always good to see someone who has put a bit of thought into their production, most don't seem to then bitch about how tough it is to make a pound.

What processor did you run before this?

It's always good to see someone who has put a bit of thought into their production, most don't seem to then bitch about how tough it is to make a pound.

Before this i have tried quite a few methods, most recently been using combination of Transaw and then Splitta, so all the sub 12 inch through transaw and the upto 28 inch through splitta but knocked in half, the addition of the woodcutta has turned the whole operation into a fully automatic set up, i cannot explain how different it is, it’s surprising how unfussy this old machine is, it genuinely runs on it own, it solves so many issues that you can get with conventional style machines, and iam finding i have more time on my hands, and i don’t miss pulling levers one bit, you are still busy but it’s mainly getting the bags out the way and setting a new one, and a bit of tidying, it produces sawdust on an industrial scale however that does get taken away by the inbuilt conveyor for the waste which runs a few feet each cycle. Iam going to run this for this year then probably look to upgrade to a new machine, we are so impressed and the fact that it does kindle and nets is a real bonus, i think your comments about thinking through the process are very valid, firewood is hard work, iam still thinking of ways to improve but for me it’s pretty close, maybe a better cleaner and bigger conveyor, so the time to get the small conveyor going was time well spent as was all the other little tweaks, the magic finger that touches the log to start the saw has been the best and simplest and is ultra reliable it never fails [emoji106]
  • Like 1

Nice video, interesting to see a completely different approach to a processor when all the others are so similar and you can see all the little modifications you've made. 

cheers gdh, yes i agree it’s a completely different method and we are astounded at how well it’s working, and how easy it is, the transaw is an awesome bit of kit but you do have to concentrate constantly checking loads of variables all the time it’s running, with this i look at the timber and if it looks like it will go through then that’s it, next thing i have think is is the bag full ? i also ran some 6 inch through and although slower it just relentlessly plugged away [emoji106]