Thieves!

forestboy1978

11 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Nearly twenty years ago,
I had a very pretty girlfriend who would get hit on all the time. Sometimes guys would follow her home.
She lived in a big shared house with 5-6 mates.
When they went away for xmas etc, she'd be alone.
Bought her a .177 6shot co2 pistol.
For peace of mind.
Went to the charity shop on the way home to buy toys to shoot as targets.
Deadly against small plastic cowboys and Indians, but didn't have the power to penetrate the teddy bears.
It was max legal power.
Would rather have a walking stick frankly.
Guy I know used to booby trap his shed with a shovel.
And then forget.
After he'd smacked himself in the face twice he just left the door unlocked.

Dude - the particular pistol I'm buying fires pellets at 300mph and they penetrate through a can of spam wrapped in a pair of jeans. Believe me this thing will do serious damage

I have loads of guns all legally held. In the event of someone breaking in I am damned sure the best place for the guns is securely locked away.

You are going to get shot, it might be the robbers that do it but more likely the armed response team.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

I have loads of guns all legally held. In the event of someone breaking in I am damned sure the best place for the guns is securely locked away.

You are going to get shot, it might be the robbers that do it but more likely the armed response team.

Nah. 

If you left your home and it was invaded are you seriously telling me you would rather you Mrs was shit scared, running round looking for stabbing objects or could access a high powered pellet gun with relative stopping power. 

I'll take my chances between the above minimal but absolutely dire possibility and that of armed police bursting into our house and shooting her for it. 

Nearly twenty years ago,
I had a very pretty girlfriend who would get hit on all the time. Sometimes guys would follow her home.
She lived in a big shared house with 5-6 mates.
When they went away for xmas etc, she'd be alone.
Bought her a .177 6shot co2 pistol.
For peace of mind.

She could use her white stick or set the Labrador on them

3 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

Luckily I don't live in fear of my house being invaded. 

Ah, so you would prefer she wasn't hunting around for scissors!

And it's not fear for myself really. Or even fear at all. I like to weight up the pro's and cons on shitty situations that do happen. 

Just now, forestboy1978 said:

Ah, so you would prefer she wasn't hunting around for scissors!

And it's not fear for myself really. Or even fear at all. I like to weight up the pro's and cons on shitty situations that do happen. 

Everything in context, is that the word I'm looking for?

Lets face it, most normal, decent people do not get their house invaded by wrong'uns, yes it does happen, but I've been about a bit and have never come across anyone that it's happened to. If you are a wrong'un I'd imagine there is more chance of it happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1