Thieves!

forestboy1978

2 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

This thing is no toy. Pellets travel at 300 mph and will pierce a can of spam wrapped in a pair of jeans. You have 16 shots too. 

It'd pick this battle happily. 1 or 2 in the legs and any man is going to go down. I'd state simply leave or get ****d and if they had balls of absolute steel I'd start capping legs. I want it for home protection too and the Mrs and dog. Don't want the animal to get hurt trying to be a useful creature for once. 

Crossbow is crap. 1 shot then useless. Way too dangerous also. 

Machete is laughable. I'm not going to slice people limbs off for stealing my stuff. Just aint gonna happen. If they entered the home perhaps yeah but still 16 high velocity steel pellets are far more effective. 

Really think if a man was sent to prison now in the UK for shooting robbers in the legs with a legal air pistol people would think it was a joke, even for the UK. 

Having had a small amount of experience with firearms officers, (call out to a farm whilst pigeon shooting) I would not want to be running around outside a house in the dark with a pistol of any description when they turn up. They take their job very seriously and like anyone else, want to go home at the end of the day. Tools are not worth being shot or jailed for imo. 

You need to keep a safe distance and use a non lethal method. I have a 2ft length of old 10mm rope with an overhand knot on the end behind my car seat. Coppers prosecute for baseball bats etc in cars. I would imagine this knot contacting a scrotes ear should do the job

• Like 1

Speaking of baseball bats, a couple friends of mine (did I tell this story before?) Were coming home from a tree job one evening and were stuck behind a boy racer on a remote country road. The kid threw a can out the window of his car, which pissed off the two tree guys a lot, as they hate littering, so the driver mate beeped and flashed him, and did the shackey heady arm wavey thing. Well, the boy racer slows and stops his car in the middle of the road, and a baseball bat and arm come out the window and hang down the side of the car door. He doesn't get out of his car, just sits there dangling the bat out the window. So my pals stop as well and one says to the other "Y'know, that's just a bit of wood, really. I've got something in the back that can deal with that..." So the saw guy gets out and fetches his 3120 and just walks towards the boy racer, doesn't start the saw or anything, just walks slowly. Well, boy racer kid gets gone in three seconds flat...they actually caught up with him later that evening by chance and gave him a bollocking for littering.

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have carried an Elora strongbar this past 40 years, seriously because I once got caught by overtightened wheels nuts on a deflated tyre.

It did occur to me that it could potentially have other uses, c/w a finger-moulded non slip grip and a lovely handy "heft" about it.

different brand name, but the same product

see link

https://www.howdentools.com/products/king-tony-strong-bar-flexible-handle.html?page=19

Edited by difflock

2 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Speaking of baseball bats, a couple friends of mine (did I tell this story before?) Were coming home from a tree job one evening and were stuck behind a boy racer on a remote country road. The kid threw a can out the window of his car, which pissed off the two tree guys a lot, as they hate littering, so the driver mate beeped and flashed him, and did the shackey heady arm wavey thing. Well, the boy racer slows and stops his car in the middle of the road, and a baseball bat and arm come out the window and hang down the side of the car door. He doesn't get out of his car, just sits there dangling the bat out the window. So my pals stop as well and one says to the other "Y'know, that's just a bit of wood, really. I've got something in the back that can deal with that..." So the saw guy gets out and fetches his 3120 and just walks towards the boy racer, doesn't start the saw or anything, just walks slowly. Well, boy racer kid gets gone in three seconds flat...they actually caught up with him later that evening by chance and gave him a bollocking for littering.

It's a fine example of what can go wrong for someone that starts down the path of confrontation..... 

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 14.55.36.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, westphalian said:

You need to keep a safe distance and use a non lethal method. I have a 2ft length of old 10mm rope with an overhand knot on the end behind my car seat. Coppers prosecute for baseball bats etc in cars. I would imagine this knot contacting a scrotes ear should do the job

A very good idea. Once got into trouble with the Mrs walking her home some 20+ years ago. Gang of lads kicked off with me after following me right onto her porch. Kicked off and the lad who put his hands round my neck ended up with a broken nose via a very obvious and warranted head butt.

I had to pass them often and there was always the usual shit to deal with and numbers varied so was always nervous walking to and from her house at night. Put a skiing sock in 1 pocket and a can of tuna in the other just in case. You can't be arrested for walking around with a can of tuna and a skiing sock in different pockets. Always thought I was proper smart for that idea ?

Yours is better!

Still buying the pistol for home protection and fun. If you warn them to back away or you'll shoot and they persist it is a legal weapon used legally within the home. 

• Like 2

Nearly twenty years ago,
I had a very pretty girlfriend who would get hit on all the time. Sometimes guys would follow her home.
She lived in a big shared house with 5-6 mates.
When they went away for xmas etc, she'd be alone.
Bought her a .177 6shot co2 pistol.
For peace of mind.
Went to the charity shop on the way home to buy toys to shoot as targets.
Deadly against small plastic cowboys and Indians, but didn't have the power to penetrate the teddy bears.
It was max legal power.
Would rather have a walking stick frankly.
Guy I know used to booby trap his shed with a shovel.
And then forget.
After he'd smacked himself in the face twice he just left the door unlocked.

• Like 3