Climber/Groundsman Essex

Acorn Arb Essex

Acorn Arb & Forestry (based in Chelmsford, Essex) are seeking experienced climbers and groundsman.

Due to unprecedent demand we are now recruiting for immediate start or early autumn.

We have been trading for 18 years covering essentially Essex but now extending our area to include Hertfordshire, Suffolk and Kent. Our services are offered to a cross spectrum of end users including public, private and commercial sectors.

We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced climbers/groundsman to work to a high standard and take pride in their work; who have a passion for trees with a polite and courteous manner towards customers and fellow members of the team.    

To apply contact us at email:  [email protected] providing relevant certificates and driving licence held together with summary of work experience to date.

Edited by Acorn Arb Essex
Screen locked out so updated.

Whilst it sounds like business is going well, very well, staff recruitment, and retention, is an increasingly challenging issue for employers. Anecdotally there is some evidence to indicate that ARB Approved Contracting businesses have more success here, albeit not all.

Coincidentally, and acknowledging it's very much the "11th hour" (+), I'm delivering a FREE 'Introduction and Preparation' Workshop at Writtle College tomorrow (noting you're Chelmsford based.) If this may be of interest, and you're looking for an opportunity to escape the sun for a day, please come along and join me (9:30am in the Joseph Tucker Suite, Essex Conference Centre (next to the cafeteria.)

Good luck with your recruitment drive..!

Paul

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:59, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Whilst it sounds like business is going well, very well, staff recruitment, and retention, is an increasingly challenging issue for employers. Anecdotally there is some evidence to indicate that ARB Approved Contracting businesses have more success here, albeit not all.

Coincidentally, and acknowledging it's very much the "11th hour" (+), I'm delivering a FREE 'Introduction and Preparation' Workshop at Writtle College tomorrow (noting you're Chelmsford based.) If this may be of interest, and you're looking for an opportunity to escape the sun for a day, please come along and join me (9:30am in the Joseph Tucker Suite, Essex Conference Centre (next to the cafeteria.)

Good luck with your recruitment drive..!

Paul

Many thanks Paul, only just seen this thread as I cant seem to get Arb Talk on my phone or Ipad so have to resort to office pc and not in the office very much at the moment. We keep reviewing whether we should become Arb Approved and although we have geared our whole management process around arb accreditation I just see it as a constraint in todays demanding market as a small business I just wouldn't have the time or money to spend. The feedback I get from some decision makers and specifiers is arb approved companies are generally too expensive, I'm sure there's many arguments for and against.   

18 hours ago, Acorn Arb Essex said:

We keep reviewing whether we should become Arb Approved and although we have geared our whole management process around arb accreditation I just see it as a constraint in todays demanding market as a small business I just wouldn't have the time or money to spend. The feedback I get from some decision makers and specifiers is arb approved companies are generally too expensive, I'm sure there's many arguments for and against.   

"Ouch," that hurt o.O9_9

Indeed many arguments (reasons) "for and against" but the huge frustration for me is that most bona-fide 'arb' businesses I speak to would welcome regulation for the industry to marginalize the unscrupulous contractors(?) who plaque our industry, it's reputation and often the ability to charge accordingly for a professional service. 'ARB Approval', in reality, is the nearest we're ever going to get, as Central Gvnmt. will never intervene, and hearing decision makers and specifiers think ARB Approved Contractors are too expensive is a negative thing...that's the cost of compliance :confused1:

Thanks for your post, and your candour which I do appreciate.

ATB,

Paul  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Acorn Arb Essex said:

We keep reviewing whether we should become Arb Approved and although we have geared our whole management process around arb accreditation I just see it as a constraint in todays demanding market as a small business I just wouldn't have the time or money to spend. The feedback I get from some decision makers and specifiers is arb approved companies are generally too expensive, I'm sure there's many arguments for and against.   

"Ouch," that hurt

Indeed many arguments (reasons) "for and against" but the huge frustration for me is that most bona-fide 'arb' businesses I speak to would welcome regulation for the industry to marginalize the unscrupulous contractors(?) who plaque our industry, it's reputation and often the ability to charge accordingly for a professional service. 'ARB Approval', in reality, is the nearest we're ever going to get, as Central Gvnmt. will never intervene, and hearing decision makers and specifiers think ARB Approved Contractors are too expensive is a negative thing...that's the cost of compliance

Thanks for your post, and your candour which I do appreciate.

ATB,

Paul  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Many LA now insist yr AA approved - I know Chelmsford does , Dave Ford was quite clear on it , last time I was there , K

Thanks Khriss, many do, particularly when recommending comtractors to tree owners, which is great but still much work to do. With their own tree works it's often a "chicken n eggs situation, ie enough good contractors get ARB Approved n they start using it as a benchmark n specifying it in tenders etc. 

Thanks for your post.

Paul