What kit to buy

33bk

If you treat your saws properly and clean them daily and they will be one person saws husky for me,I love the 560’s ...but if you are gonna have a load of lads using them and they never get a filter clean then stihl.
I like the new echos and makitas but Some of the range feels dated both make a great 50cc saw.. I even regretted slightly buying a 550 after having a play with the makita.
Never had much bother with the t540’s and 560’s that wasn’t down to abuse but thinking about renewing a lot of my saws and using 8 year old stihl 460 yesterday it felt good apart from the shit anti vibes ... I would choose another 560, and maybe a stihl 461 .. can’t seem to track down a 572!

Every brand has some belters and some absolute pieces of crap. Do your research well

Echo2511 ms200 ms461 ms660 or 661 346xp 372xp all seem well used and popular.

Been various issues with 550 and 560xp ms201 t540xp ms261 but probs sorted now?

I'm having some recall issue with Makita right now. But the 7900 saw is belting. Parts availability is fine, especially via shavey on here.

You taking new or s/h?
Love the way a recall on a Makita seems no big deal not seen threads and threads of moaning and going on and on about how bad and inconvenient it is and God they just don't make saws like they used to! If it was a husqvarna would never hear the end of it [emoji23]
  • Like 1

Talking new need a 

top handle 
ground saw ( small and big ish ) I got a 880 
long reach hedge cutter 
hedge cutter 
strimmer 

cheers guys 

Stihl 200t
Stihl 261 18" .325
Stihl 661 30" 3/8
Stihl Km130/131 combi with:
folding hedge cutter head
1 metre extension pole, possibly x2?
Pole saw head
Strimmer head
Blower head? (Looks really cool)
IMG_2375.jpg
[emoji106]

1 hour ago, bigtreedon said:

Love the way a recall on a Makita seems no big deal not seen threads and threads of moaning and going on and on about how bad and inconvenient it is and God they just don't make saws like they used to! If it was a husqvarna would never hear the end of it emoji23.png

All in proportion.  If as many people used makita as they do husky or Stihl then the corresponding threads would tell a different story 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MattyF said:

If you treat your saws properly and clean them daily and they will be one person saws husky for me,I love the 560’s ...but if you are gonna have a load of lads using them and they never get a filter clean then stihl.
I like the new echos and makitas but Some of the range feels dated both make a great 50cc saw.. I even regretted slightly buying a 550 after having a play with the makita.
Never had much bother with the t540’s and 560’s that wasn’t down to abuse but thinking about renewing a lot of my saws and using 8 year old stihl 460 yesterday it felt good apart from the shit anti vibes ... I would choose another 560, and maybe a stihl 461 .. can’t seem to track down a 572!

One on ebay atm for 500 quid...seems cosher...its not mine, I would be buying it if I hadn't just bought a 395xp so am skint.