What kit to buy

33bk

I think if you keep your gear professional you cant go wrong, I prefer using Stihl myself as maintenance is easier than say husqies, however husqies performance is better. 

Read product reviews of people who know what they are on about and if you are going second hand buy reletavely new to avoid writing off any make/models forever through that one buy. That said stay away from MCcoulogh chainsaws (learned the hard way)

Good luck and post your gear

Every brand has some belters and some absolute pieces of crap. Do your research well

Echo2511 ms200 ms461 ms660 or 661 346xp 372xp all seem well used and popular.

Been various issues with 550 and 560xp ms201 t540xp ms261 but probs sorted now?

I'm having some recall issue with Makita right now. But the 7900 saw is belting. Parts availability is fine, especially via shavey on here.

You taking new or s/h?

Echo 2511 then I reckon. I think if I had bought this as a first saw I'd have been happy as ought. When you need something bigger just get yer ground saw sent up. It'll do everything you through at it up to 10"

Cracking deal on them at chainsawbars.co.uk 265 quid or something with 40 bars

1 hour ago, billpierce said:

Echo 2511 then I reckon. I think if I had bought this as a first saw I'd have been happy as ought. When you need something bigger just get yer ground saw sent up. It'll do everything you through at it up to 10"

Cracking deal on them at chainsawbars.co.uk 265 quid or something with 40 bars

Where did you get the 40 bars from?