Defender 90 Gearbox

LeeGray

13 hours ago, openspaceman said:

LT85? I never managed to break mine but I know they don't stand the vibration/chatter of a diesel as it eats the first motion shaft.

yep LT85, never managed to break  a lt95 gearbox,they make lots of noise but just dont break

10 hours ago, aspenarb said:

There are a few old lt77`s in the container Lee, sort out the carriage and you are more than welcome to one. These are the long input shaft boxes but the short shafts can be put in them easily enough, nothing scary inside an lt77 and they are very cheap to rebuild. The only special tool needed is the one that removes the collar on the rear of gearbox mainshaft, dont wreck the collar because they have been discontinued and are not the same as the later boxes ( unless someone has run a batch off since ). Have a homegrown slide hammer tool I knocked up for this if you get stuck. They either fall off or they are a bitch.

Bob

0D275076-B3F7-4B0E-A6E3-029AB2A7D9BA_zps

Thanks Bob, that's extremely kind of you and i would be very grateful. If i get palletways or whoever would you be alright to stick it on a pallet? More than happy to paypal you some beer tokens or I know your a farm but if you don't produce your own let me send you an organic lamb or box of our beef. I'll pm you to check i've got right address and get a date that suits you for collection. Good info too, i'm tempted to have a look inside now.