What are you paying your employees?

shillo

If you've been paying £9 from the day he started l think a rise is due. He still has things to learn, but think back to when he started and you had to tell him everything. As people are saying, it sounds like he is considering looking elsewhere.  Do you want to start again with someone new, who may not be as keen

£120 for groundie which is £15 based on 8 hours but some days are longer and some shorter it balances out I find.

If you're going to put him through climbing certs etc then you need to update contracts so that he pays you back a % if he leaves within a period of time, yr 1 80%, yr 2 50% yr 3 20%. 

then for pay increase i'd give a small rise now and set out a increase rate for the next 3 years as he gains experience up the tree. gives him something to aim for and a reason not to leave.

If they can breath and pull connie branches to the chipper at the same time £8 per hr.
If they arrive on time every day with boots done up and remembered to buy a sandwich and a bottle of red bull from a local garage for their break £9.
If can do all of the above without being told, and their mum don’t ring me once a week at 7am to say their little Jimmy is too stoned from last night to get out of bed, and anyway he’s locked himself in his bedroom then the young fellow deserves £10 in my estimation.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

If they can breath and pull connie branches to the chipper at the same time £8 per hr.
If they arrive on time every day with boots done up and remembered to buy a sandwich and a bottle of red bull from a local garage for their break £9.
If can do all of the above without being told, and their mum don’t ring me once a week at 7am to say their little Jimmy is too stoned from last night to get out of bed, and anyway he’s locked himself in his bedroom then the young fellow deserves £10 in my estimation.

Let us know when you find the £10 an hr one.:001_rolleyes:

• Like 1