What are you paying your employees?

shillo

35 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

I think the answer to that is down to the efficiency of the team leaders. Our domestic tree team side of things pretty much run their own show, the lads on tracks and landscape manage ok without too much of my time , forestry work is generally  long term and never that pressing in as much as you get as far as you get and the rest runs into the next year, site clearance is balls out within a tight schedule and you have to be there . Other than that most of my time is spent on maintenance, running about making sure materials and kit are in place, the odd spell in a machine when needed and  some office work , most of the man management, H&S , pricing and paperwork is full on and done by the two in the office.

Bob

Yeah you're a different league than me. Don't know if I want that responsibility but could do with "a" person who knew some of my work as well or almost as well as me. 

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

They paid you more money because you heard them talking amongst themselves?

No, because I used to go and see the boss and negotiate my money when the time was right rather than moaning in a tea hut and do nothing about it.

On big gangs you will always have someone who is close to the boss or a manager who tells them which lads can keep their mouth shut, get on with the job and not go blurting it out if they've managed to negotiate a pay rise.

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I've never understood this. When I worked on the Motorways all the lads on the gang would do it then get arguing amongst themselves. If anyone asked me what money I was on I used to say nothing. These same lads never seemed to go and see the boss to negotiate a pay rise. I was on more money than most of them because I used to hear them talking amongst themselves. It always made me smile.

I heard you were always on your phone?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

No, because I used to go and see the boss and negotiate my money when the time was right rather than moaning in a tea hut and do nothing about it.

On big gangs you will always have someone who is close to the boss or a manager who tells them which lads can keep their mouth shut, get on with the job and not go blurting it out if they've managed to negotiate a pay rise.

Thats what goes on most of the time  ime. People whinge and moan but do fck all to sort it out, both employee, employer and in the modern day world, your internet badass.  It used to be a sackable offence to talk about pay, I still think it should be but unfortunately the equal rights brigade thought its best if we all argue between ourselves, unless you are bragging then you can be warned.