What are you paying your employees?

shillo

4 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

£8 per hour for practically useless 

£10-12 per hour for keen and on the ball and reliable

£15 per hour - will finish a proper hard days labour with and axe sticking out of his head day in day out without fail

How many lads have you got working for you fb?

1 hour ago, oldwoodcutter said:

If they can breath and pull connie branches to the chipper at the same time £8 per hr.
If they arrive on time every day with boots done up and remembered to buy a sandwich and a bottle of red bull from a local garage for their break £9.
If can do all of the above without being told, and their mum don’t ring me once a week at 7am to say their little Jimmy is too stoned from last night to get out of bed, and anyway he’s locked himself in his bedroom then the young fellow deserves £10 in my estimation.

Welcome to East Anglia...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Yeah I'm gonna send my current full time sub on a weeks training and pay for that but not wages whilst training and up his to £90 per day. He's pretty awesome. 

If he is full time the HMRC would not class him as a subbie... He is an employee and you need to be paying for his pension, holiday, sickpay, ppe etc etc... Could be very costly for you if after working for you for x number of years he were to turn around and say "can I have everything I am owed please.."

Edited by benedmonds
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

If he is full time the HMRC would not class him as a subbie... He is an employee and you need to be paying for his pension, holiday, sickpay, ppe etc etc... Could be very costly for you if after working for you for x number of years he were to turn around and say "can I have everything I am owed please.."

Well he's not exactly full time. He likes 3-4 days a week. This year I've not had anyone on the books due to excessive training of myself and not be able to be on site.

I am looking down the contract route for the future. Him and my old employee from last year are brothers in law and he wants his job back. Both happy for 4 days a week so I can have a days admin in the week and hopefully free weekends again. 

I'm a fencer btw. Just qualed as a tree surgeon i.e bloody good fencer but crap tree surgeon. Not sure which way I'm going with it ATM.