200t HT lead replacement.

CubaPete

Hello everyone, please be kind as I may well be asking a stupid question here. I'm very new to this industry & neither do I have much 2 stroke experience.

I've recently replaced the crank seals on my 200t & I've got to the part of the rebuild where I'm installing the HT lead. It looks a bit worse for wear & ideally I'd like to replace it while I've got things in bits.

Can this type just have the lead replaced, or is it moulded into the coil?

If moulded, is there a good test to do while it's in bits? Rather than fully build & then take it apart again.

I have a multimeter, but not an IR tester.

Many thanks in advance

Some updates.....

I had a couple of hours spare, and no new HT lead, so I thought I'd take your advice Bill.
Refitted old electrics system & that all seems good.

I built the saw up completely & put 1/4 of a tank of fuel in to give it a try & the fuel leaks really badly from the fuel tank grommet under the carb.

Sat the saw level, removed the AV mount & carefully fished that grommet out.
It wasn't very dirty & I couldn't see any damage to it or the tank. I gave it a dab of silicone grease to see if that helped, but after refitting it, fuel still gushes out when the saw is on an angle.

Are these common to failure/hardening with age? It didn't leak a few months ago when it was all stripped down.

There are some bigger problems unfortunately.

Before the saw was initially stripped, it was always a bit reluctant to rev when cold. A quick snatch of the throttle would have it bogging down, or sometimes cutting out all together.

I've not adjusted anything on the carb, just gave it a bit of a clean while off the saw, it wasn't dismantled.

The fuel lines contract if not in contact with petrol and leaks in this area are relatively common on old saws that have been standing and clear of fuel.

Try turning the carb L screw 1/8 - 1/4 turn anti clockwise and increase the idle a bit to compensate. If that doesn't help, you may have a dicky accelerator pump.