What's for lunch?

Rough Hewn

There are over 140 ideas for sandwich fillings to be found at this link. I haven't tried them myself, but it might give you some ideas.

https://www.eatsamazing.co.uk/bento-lunches/healthy-lunch-box-food-ideas/ultimate-list-sandwich-fillings

There are over 140 ideas for sandwich fillings to be found at this link. I haven't tried them myself, but it might give you some ideas.

https://www.eatsamazing.co.uk/bento-lunches/healthy-lunch-box-food-ideas/ultimate-list-sandwich-fillings

I'm looking for tried and tested by Arborists.
My wife used to make my lunches at home many years ago.
I worked 12hour shifts in heavy industry.
I'd come back, she'd made a petite mushroom and rice salad with a slice of bacon cut up on top.
About 300 calories.
So that winter I took her to work with me in the woods for a day.
6 hours of dragging brash was enough for her.
When we got home I asked what she would like for dinner?
Her expression was rather scary as she demanded,
"Burgers!!!"
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
  • Like 7

Like someone said earlier i tend to bulk cook for 3 days so im not fannying around in the kitchen every night.

For lunch i tend to go pretty light,mostly protein,veg and or salad with some low gi carbs chucked in like brown rice,wholemeal pasta or buttered yams.

Baked potatoes with beans or homemade hearty soups are great for me during autumn/winter days.

Right now im only climbing a couole of days a week max,but im gyming 3 times a week so i tend to have my big meals in the evenings after work and the gym.

Sandwiches are great but why not look at different types of breads instead of looking at new fillings

Foccacia is great,nice and oily with lots of herbs and tomatoes you can get different ones aswell,red onion and garlic,chilli and red pepper etc

Might be an idea to go to your local bakers/deli/supermarket and see the breads available,choose your favourites then get some nice toppings to suit.

Parma hams,soft cheeses,any kind of meat you fancy.

Nuts and raisins are good for high calorie snacks on days when your knockin your pan in

Edited by stihlmadasever

Buy some quality sliced bread,  I prefer brown wholemeal

Buy some decent butter  and. cover three slices.

Slap, slap, slap

Buy some Norwegian smoked salmon slices from Lidl, half the price of anywhere else

Schlaop, schlaop, schlaop.

Buy a jar of decent powerful horseradish sauce and some Creme Fraiche and mix the two according to taste.

spleayed, spleayed, spleayed

Put the three lids on to complete

thunk thunk thunk

and Robert's yer mother's brother

54 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Can of mackerel, 2 slices of bread with mayo and dill. Makes 2 sandwiches as and when. Tastes lush, seconds to make.

My favourite for running late mornings.

This is the best I've found.

Cheap, easy and long lasting. Keep a few spare in the truck.

Bananas for carbs and then homemade trail mix in a Tupperware.

The mackerel has its downsides though. You become unpopular in the van, you have to dispose of the foul smelling tin, and if you eat it off your pocket knife without properly cleaning it you'll discover the winner of viral gastroenteritis vs sleep. 

The prize is a set of bedsheets. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Haven't done sandwiches for years as eating  at Work isn't a nice ... (rats/pigeons) so even with washed hands i'd prefer to eat something with a fork.

Pasta of choice and basil pesto or chilli pesto

Hot or cold makes no diff.

Normally prepared night before takes 10 mins

• Like 1