Stove Poll: If you had your time again would you still have bought your stove?

If you had your time again would you still have bought your stove?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your time again would you still have bought your stove?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Hav an Aarrow Stratford runs heating n hot water, was 5years old when estate I do work for put some let houses onto biomass, it’s been brilliant apart from the odd issue with keeping glass clean.
Have had a couple of other Aarrows without Boulez over the years all been good

I voted no, because with hind sight I'd likely pay a little more for a better stove.  Although I'm not sure more expensive is better so I reserve the right to vote differently in the future if I experience more stoves and don't find a'better' one.

Currently got a stocton 5 on a lined 8m flue, with smoke control kit.  I like it, oodles of heat. My only dislike is that it could do with more control to slow it, but idk if any defra approved stoves can be slowed much more.   Anyway, it was my first stove and I wasn't sure how much use it would get, I got it cheap at just over £500, and it seemed best not to spend more until I knew more.   Now I'd spend twice that if I thought the stove was better.  Nothing against the stovax though really, and would get one again if a deal came along or more research convinced me I wouldn't get 'better' .   I should have voted ' I don't know!'. Definitely would get A stove again though.

• Like 1

I voted no- as in no I wouldn’t buy my specific stove again (Stockton 5), but generally speaking pleased we went to the effort of having a stove.

Although at times when I come in on a winters night and have to faff around getting the stove going- getting g kindling and logs sorted I think it would be cheaper and easier just to turn the gas on!

• 2 months later...

Our stoves were both in place when we moved here, a Morso Squirrel and an Esse 100 (with something wrong with it).  Answering the spirit of the poll if I had my time again, and the stoves weren't already in place, I'd have bought two Squirrels.