Tw125

huskykev

All these things have been considered in the past. But from a manufacturing point of view, the cost/benefit/numbers ratio is considered and that kills many projects.

In the 80's, I asked JCB if they would consider getting their apprenticeship team to design and build a chipper for me (GreenMech didn't exist and TW were in their infancy possibly) as I wanted British built rather than all the imported stuff. 

They hinted that they might accept the challenge but only if sales exceeded 3000 pa. Killed it!!! If a project is run by accountants then, more often than not, it goes nowhere. 

What’s the price range between a cs100 and your cheapest tow behind Pete? Peruzzo have already proven there’s a demand, albeit small, for a tracked mini chipper so surely it’s a logical progression to put feed rollers on a “backyard” chipper?

On 26/07/2018 at 00:42, huskykev said:

width of feed hopper,

compared to the width of a timberwolf 150VTR with removable hopper off

from the blurb

'This machine is perfect for access on restricted access contracts and can even pass through a standard 700mm doorway. The features and benefits of the TW150 VTR include:

• Variable width tracks for easy access through narrow openings (quick remove funnel, tracks move in to 700mm)
  • Reliable Kubota 4 cyl. Diesel engine'
Edited by tree-fancier123

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 00:31, tree-fancier123 said:

compared to the width of a timberwolf 150VTR with removable hopper off

from the blurb

'This machine is perfect for access on restricted access contracts and can even pass through a standard 700mm doorway. The features and benefits of the TW150 VTR include:

• Variable width tracks for easy access through narrow openings (quick remove funnel, tracks move in to 700mm)
  • Reliable Kubota 4 cyl. Diesel engine'

TW125 is 112cm wide, measured from outer edges of the stop bar, which kind of kills it as a genuinely narrow access machine.

The idea still has some merit for me though.

It could still be a cheap way to have a tracked hydraulic chipper.

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

TW125 is 112cm wide, measured from outer edges of the stop bar, which kind of kills it as a genuinely narrow access machine.

The idea still has some merit for me though.

It could still be a cheap way to have a tracked hydraulic chipper.

Make hopper removable with a bit of head scratching.