Tw125

huskykev

Have an idea in my head the last few months, seems so simple that I can’t see any reason it hasn’t been done before. Tw125 on a mini tracked dumper chassis, hey presto, narrow access hydraulic fed chipper! Any measurements I can find for the tw includes axle width, not the body itself, anyone got one that could post measurements? Width of flywheel housing, width of feed hopper, length of chipper chassis?

TW did a tracked 25 hp chipper. I had one. It was a poor machine in truth.

I suspect that you have issues with the hydraulics to power the tracks, I don’t think that’d be straightforward.

Unless you’re keeping the original engine on just to power the tracks.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DanBous said:

I too have considered this idea. I was told by timberwolf that the Honda engine is no where near big enough to power tracks as well

I worked with a nifty lift 2.5tonne 17m mewp last week, it had hydraulic  caravan movers  and a small diesel motor as well as the battery electro-hydraulics, it moved at no more than 1mph and wouldn't handle gradients (though it did better from cold so I suspected a warn pump). Fine for local positioning but useless to track into a site.

I would expect a 25hp engine would be just about adequate on a small chipper.

Unless you’re keeping the original engine on just to power the tracks.

Sorry, should have been clearer on this. My plan would be to just drop the chipper chassis onto a tracked dumper minus it’s skip. Much like the peruzzo tracked chipper. The boss has a tr8 already, it’s just for the odd job where access is tight.