Tax

forestboy1978

Double cab? If you possible can I'd hold out for a tipper. On an older truck they seen cheap. Just seen a DC mk4 hilux tipper For 2800

Need a double cab for the munchkin and missus. Don't need a tipper yet.
Just something to pull a trailer.
But you're right I will need one at some point.
How much is a tipper conversion?

Fair point
But why work hard just to pay for deprecation?
Buy a similar spec'd motor a few years older and spend the rest on a holiday if that floats ur boat

I think its just motors and esp specc'd like that will lose money faster than u can make it.
And nowadays ()apart from LR's which are still horrible to sit in) even bobby basic pick ups or vans are really quite comfortable and fairly well epuiped inside
But each to there own

That’s another way of looking at it. For me now I’d rather have the nice motor as I get to look and use it everyday. A holiday is gone in a couple of weeks.
  • Like 1

Must admit i think when ur having to brrow the money for it too.

Fair enough if u have enough cash lying about and ur business, equipment, house, workshop are all in a position that u don't need to spend the cash on.

As a newer business (which i think the op is) olenty of other ways to spend borrowed money

I also have to admit nowadays i have have np onterest in motors as long as looks reasonble and starts when u need it.

Plus if for work it as to work, while i do try to look after tools/motors its still for work so if it gets a bash or scratch ur gutted but only for a few mins.

Worked for a fella last year with fancy pick ups on lease hire and we couldnae put our dogs in the back, no good that (this was a gamekeepers motor and using it for picking up, think we had 12-15 dogs out with us that day but had to leave some behind as couldn't get them all in the trailer)

Its just getting the comprimise between a tidy work motor and a bashed heap of crap

Edited by drinksloe

FB just passed his tree tickets and has panel van and thriving fencing

Boy racer fanny magnet - nah - a good tipper truck. Out of all the people doing treework, not many will mess about with trailers. Sometimes with the tipper you can get in a driveway where reversing a trailer, even with front tow bar, would just be a pain. If you get a big tree job and groundie on the insurance, one takes panel van with gear in plus trailer for timber and other takes tipper truck and tow behind chipper

circa £8k on a used tipper, and £8k on a used tow behind. Until you can pay cash for a nice detached house with a duck pond metal objects are just that

Edited by tree-fancier123
  • Like 1

Need a double cab for the munchkin and missus. Don't need a tipper yet.
Just something to pull a trailer.
But you're right I will need one at some point.
How much is a tipper conversion?
Tipper conversions seen to be more tha 3k. Some firms advertising at leas but when you ring them it's not. It's enough to make me definitely make my own chip box and use a shovel for bit anyways. Got a tipping caged trailer also.

Hoping to diy tipper conversion in Sept as the rams and pumps are 500 quid ish.

Tipper conversions seen to be more tha 3k. Some firms advertising at leas but when you ring them it's not. It's enough to make me definitely make my own chip box and use a shovel for bit anyways. Got a tipping caged trailer also.

Hoping to diy tipper conversion in Sept as the rams and pumps are 500 quid ish.

I've been shot down for the ranger by insurance.
£1700 truck, £2300 3rd party or fully comp, and that's domestic insurance quote [emoji51]

32 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

I've been shot down for the ranger by insurance.
£1700 truck, £2300 3rd party or fully comp, and that's domestic insurance quote emoji51.png

That’s mental. Try Nfu or Adrian flux, they’ve always been good for me on price and service. My 18 year olds insurance doesn’t even cost that much.

Ah, they always seem daft online. You think they’d just put the cheapest price online and then try build up policy when you ring to pay rather than other way round. When I got some quotes for the old 90 last time round looked about a grand on internet. £116 from Adrian Flux! Even NFU wanted £600. On limited mileage though so probably not much use to you.

my only other thought is where’s the mattress going on the ranger ?