Tax

forestboy1978

2 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

Can't get it yet. Bank needed more info that I didnt' ahve time to send due to training commitments. 

Chip box  hasn't been built for my trailer either cos old dudes old mate is sick so he's not managed to do a thing on the trailer.... gah.... not sure when I'll have time to drop a trailer off for a week. Wonder if he can lend me one while he works on mine...

Pick up truck next weekend hopefully. Could have got it yesterday but finance wont give me all of it and I don't want to use my own money cos I have a massive job starting in 2 weeks which will eat 10k before it's started so I need to be a bit liquid...

If your jobs are £10,000 in materials I’d definitely get vat registered 

Maybe i'm a tight scot living near aberdeen. But If you've got that sort of outlay coming up I would not be spending that sort of money on a truck, until the cheque for the works start coming in.

Maybe it just me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

IMO a truck like that is a luxury not a necessity, fair enough if you have the money but sounds stressful having to finance something that isn’t actually going to earn you any money....

I would totally agree.

15k will buy a good Jeep that will do 5 years with little depreciation.

i would only borrow 30k or more for machinery that will earn me money, or towards land or buildings or home improvements.

When the tough spells of work and cash flow hit, much better to be scraping towards worthwhile assets.

bank interest and depreciation are real costs just like tax is.

you rarely see accountants with brand new cars.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

IMO a truck like that is a luxury not a necessity, fair enough if you have the money but sounds stressful having to finance something that isn’t actually going to earn you any money....

Life’s not just about the bottom line.

That truck is cool, he’ll get a kick every time he leaves the house and sees it.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

Nice! Gets rid of the riff raff to. People who want pikey quotes just wont even bother. 

On that basis, it’s likely it’s only your time your wasting as mostly they won’t see the truck untill you turn up to quote. Dont get me wrong I’m all for tidy looking kit that represents a buisness well, but £38k is money down the drain on that truck which is madness if your having to borrow in the first place. You,ll lose £20k in the first year or three.probably £30k by year 6.

• Like 3