Battery chainsaw recomendation

Big J

Could anyone recommend me a good little battery chainsaw? I think it would be the best solution for a saw for the forwarder. I'm only occasionally needing to cut a branch/stem that's in the way, and being able to pick the saw up and cut immediately rather than having to start it. 

Would be useful to have enough power to fell the odd little tree that's in the way too. Nothing bigger than 350mm at butt I'd guess. 

I've no experience with battery chainsaws so any help is much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Seems a big difference between the cheapo husky battery 120i & the expensive 536Li

battery one.

Chain speed is twice as fast on the expensive one, so does it cut twice the speed? Must have a more powerful electric motor in it hence why it costs over double the price.

Weight is lighter also

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big J said:

Could anyone recommend me a good little battery chainsaw? I think it would be the best solution for a saw for the forwarder. I'm only occasionally needing to cut a branch/stem that's in the way, and being able to pick the saw up and cut immediately rather than having to start it. 

Would be useful to have enough power to fell the odd little tree that's in the way too. Nothing bigger than 350mm at butt I'd guess. 

I've no experience with battery chainsaws so any help is much appreciated. 

hmmmm...to be honest if you're looking at trees up to 350mm I think you might get slightly frustrated with a battery saw, maybe petrol is still the way to go for that sized stuff

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

hmmmm...to be honest if you're looking at trees up to 350mm I think you might get slightly frustrated with a battery saw, maybe petrol is still the way to go for that sized stuff

In an ideal world, I'd not have to get off the forwarder at all, or indeed fell anything. It's mainly just for nipping the odd branch here and there. Perhaps 10-15 small cuts a day with a single tree felled per week? Something like that.

• Like 1