Pickup storage solutions

deesideforester

Must admit that does look a quality set up Josh, amazing the wieght the bottom drawer must take.

I'm far more ruff and ready, but it works and generally made from scrap timber i had lying about.

In the past i generaly make frame out of 2x2 timber and put some timber across the wheel arches, u usually have a frame up the middle and 2 either side just inside the wheel arches which gives u 2 long cubby holes and 2 wee short 1's up to the arch.

The first time i just used scraps of ply i had lying about, the next time i used chipboard flooring, both worked quite well.

Still gives u quite a bit off room on top too

For the cubby's i either cut a piece of ply that fitted tight and simply srewed some 2x2 to end/sides so when u pulled it out all the stuff came with it, a poor mans drawer really.

The last 1 i refined it a bit and bought plastic boxes with lids that were exact fits for the space, for the back box u either drilled a hole in it and attached a rope or more proffesionally i bent a piece of metal to slide in the grooze of the load liner and bent up behind the box so u could pull it to pull box out.

Worked quite well really and u could store a hell of a junk in the back too.

Really like having ur gear in the lidded plastic boxes.

For custom made versions if u look on some dog websites like TransK9 or Lintran have some cracking shelf/drawer systems but not cheap.

N and j alluminiium and linings have some cracking setups allsorts of custom setups 

The farrier setups look brilliant 

Also look at aucampers on Facebook they have pages of canopy and tray setups on utes mostly as camping setups but some work or multi-purpose setups and all brilliantly setup 

The best ones ive seen are the interchangeable jackoff canopies a caming setup for the weekend and a work setup changed in minutes 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a post come up on Facebook and anyone interested in this thread i suggest take a lool at phils fabrications on Facebook 

He has just put up a pic of a custom made canopy in checker plate with side hatches and built in draw in the base dont know price but it must be up there with dogs danglies of canopy setups

And the closest ive seen in this country to the aussie setups