General shortage?

Old Mill Tree Care

22 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

That’s just twisting what I’m saying to suit your narrative!

the stats are a sham there is no denying it. However as a taxpayer I’d rather we topped up someone’s earnings than ended up paying full benefits if they were sat on their arses!

average wage is about £25k I think? So to be the average there has to be a lot of people that earn lots less than that.

i think we both know you can’t live a decent life and feed and house a family on £25k.

how do we fix it?

its not by paying everyone £20 an hour as that would simply become the new minimum wage and everything would be three times the price it is now.

to add I’d rather not pay for the feckless to sit and watch sky eating pizza but I’ve got no say in that either!

I haven't twisted anything to suit my narrative. That's how it is. Why should I pay to keep 'your' business afloat?

'ere ya go Richard, I'll pay you the minimum wage and let everyone else make up the shortfall whilst I'm creaming it.

I'm sorry but that doesn't stack up for me. I've nothing against people doing well but I would prefer it wasn't at my exspnse.

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I haven't twisted anything to suit my narrative. That's how it is. Why should I pay to keep 'your' business afloat?

'ere ya go Richard, I'll pay you the minimum wage and let everyone else make up the shortfall whilst I'm creaming it.

I'm sorry but that doesn't stack up for me. I've nothing against people doing well but I would prefer it wasn't at my exspnse.

So would you rather they were sat at home doing nothing?

small businesses can’t always afford to pay people “the right money” whatever that is? 

Some people think just turning up on time deserves paying a lot for. Sorry it doesn’t.

people need to add value.

if they do add value they should be paid appropriately.

i don’t disagree totally with you on this I just don’t see that everyone can be paid top money as it’s not there in a lot of cases!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Really, so I should subsidise someone else's business?

Let's face it, the statistics are a sham.

If everyone had to go out and get their own living, without government, (read as my money), the unemployment figures would be a lot different.

Well, now you can start a business and still claim your giro (or whatever its called) for 12 months, they will do a review and IF you are making enough money they then stop said giro. Quite a win win scenario there me thinks.

On the one hand, yes great, it might take some people of the dole who couldnt afford to setup/start a new business which could then lead onto further employment etc. On the other hand, you know there will be more scamming going on than actually enterprising and we will have to pay for it all.

5 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Well, now you can start a business and still claim your giro (or whatever its called) for 12 months, they will do a review and IF you are making enough money they then stop said giro. Quite a win win scenario there me thinks.

On the one hand, yes great, it might take some people of the dole who couldnt afford to setup/start a new business which could then lead onto further employment etc. On the other hand, you know there will be more scamming going on than actually enterprising and we will have to pay for it all.

No one is on the dole according to what the government are telling us, we've pretty much got full employment, all be it shite employment.

The fact of the matter is there are plenty of good lads out there that will travel the length and breadth of the country so long as they get paid well for it.

Rough Hewn and AAHP are classic examples.

That old saying 'if you pay peanuts you get monkeys' as been replaced by 'if you pay peanuts no one turns up'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t remember signing on being an option when I started up ,took my holiday pay I never took off my last job to make sure I had public liability insurance and ate road kill/beating spoils and did gardening taking bounty’s and three days a week doing shite free lance work in London with an never ending drive and finish times and trashing my 020 on the private jobs I got in between smashing down brash in the ancient ford transit ! Wish I had known I could of signed on too!

• Like 4

Im just grateful I came from a working family (although I hate having to work for a living and would rather be floating on a yacht in the Med) and therefore have no problem doing my bit. Luckily I didnt have to eat Michelin shaped badgers like Matty but I did have to earn my keep.

I would hate to be unemployed, it must be a downward depressing circle.

I just hate the scamming fckers who never do a tap, never will and rob those who do need a hand out now and then, never mind us.

• Like 6

Im just grateful I came from a working family (although I hate having to work for a living and would rather be floating on a yacht in the Med) and therefore have no problem doing my bit. Luckily I didnt have to eat Michelin shaped badgers like Matty but I did have to earn my keep.
I would hate to be unemployed, it must be a downward depressing circle.

I just hate the scamming fckers who never do a tap, never will and rob those who do need a hand out now and then, never mind us.

You mean bankers not benefit scammers?
[emoji3]

8 hours ago, MattyF said:

I don’t remember signing on being an option when I started up ,took my holiday pay I never took off my last job to make sure I had public liability insurance and ate road kill/beating spoils and did gardening taking bounty’s and three days a week doing shite free lance work in London with an never ending drive and finish times and trashing my 020 on the private jobs I got in between smashing down brash in the ancient ford transit ! Wish I had known I could of signed on too!

But you’re one of those people who want to get on and to try to succeed. And is prepared to put in the effort to do so. 

It seems now that although people people still want that, they have to be given it and are even owed the opportunity. 

Its become a strange world where respect and reward is perceived as a right and not something that has to be earned.

• Like 3