General shortage?

Old Mill Tree Care

8 hours ago, billpierce said:

That's pretty much the craic though when you subby isn't it? I only seem to subby sporadically rather than very regular but it often seems that the subby pace is different to people who do 5 days a week for a firm. Defs Not saying they don't graft hard, but there is or can be something about the irregular and insecure nature of subby work which drives you to sweat it.

It's hard that feeling when you ace a job and know you just made someone else a load richer!

It’s highly likely that you didn’t just make the guy a load richer because most of that money goes to pay overheads, it’s not all profit. 

It is also likely that the extra money only goes to pick up the shortfall caused by his regular staff messing things up or breaking kit the previous week. 

Of course I am generalising and not saying this is always the case (& certainly not the case with my current staff team) but I’ve employed and lot of people over a lot of years and have a well educated view of the whole story. 

• Like 3

The only persons income I’m concerned about is my own, if I’m happy with what I’m invoicing that’s great. If everyone else is getting plenty, great too. That way they’ll be around to give me more work in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only persons income I’m concerned about is my own, if I’m happy with what I’m invoicing that’s great. If everyone else is getting plenty, great too. That way they’ll be around to give me more work in the future.
Wise words if you lett the rott set in thinking about how much people are making of your skills you can't turn it off !!
  • Like 1

Personally I don't care what the primary contractor is earning.  Other than I hope it is enough for them to ask me back as I am not cheap.

I have worked for people though and then said never again.  Various reason but usually because they are clueless, useless monkeys.

• Like 7

Personally I don't care what the primary contractor is earning.  Other than I hope it is enough for them to ask me back as I am not cheap.

I have worked for people though and then said never again.  Various reason but usually because they are clueless, useless monkeys.

Nail on head mate.
[emoji1360][emoji1360]

Can't remember the amount of jobs which completed early, get an extra £20[emoji23]
The decent companies will notice and get you back.
And charge more for you, so they pay you well.
There are some great crews out there, it's just hard to find them.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 2

Aye but there it’s a different story if your paye and are as good as any freelancer you get coming in and get no rewards no bonus for the crane job you have done in half the time quoted or are running your own saws to get the job done smoothly and on time, no thanks for finishing a job early so they can send you out again .. there are very very few firms I would go paye for and hence why most of who have replied are freelancers now or getting on with running are own firms.

Aye but there it’s a different story if your paye and are as good as any freelancer you get coming in and get no rewards no bonus for the crane job you have done in half the time quoted or are running your own saws to get the job done smoothly and on time, no thanks for finishing a job early so they can send you out again .. there are very very few firms I would go paye for and hence why most of who have replied are freelancers now or getting on with running are own firms.

Lots of truth here.
[emoji51]