What type A chainsaw trousers do people recommend?

Paddy Bretherton

Hi,

Ive recently started as a self employed labourer for a couple of tree surgeon firms originally to tie me over the summer whilst on break from uni. Since working outdoors, mainly on the chipper, I’ve enjoyed it so much, so much so I’m wanting to save up to do a climbing course so I can get up in the trees and do this full time. I’ve decided that I’m gonna do this full time and hopefully set up my own company in the future. But first things first, there’s so many brands of ppe was wondering what do recommend on buying? For example what are the best value for money type A and type C chainsaw trousers? 

Thanks,

Paddy

If your goin to start climbing best get type c all round protection.

Pfanner are the best for quality,hard wearing and a good fit but theyre very pricey.

You can get type A and C trousers that are ok but they rarely last so its a false economy buyin a pair of cheaper ones every year.

Welcome to the industry bud

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

If your goin to start climbing best get type c all round protection.

Pfanner are the best for quality,hard wearing and a good fit but theyre very pricey.

You can get type A and C trousers that are ok but they rarely last so its a false economy buyin a pair of cheaper ones every year.

Welcome to the industry bud

Yep what he said.

id add to it though, type c are required if you’re doing a climbing assessment.  After that you can wear what you like

regarding trousers, stretch air get my vote.  At the upper end of the price scale but you get what you pay for

• Like 1

What would you guys recommend as the coolest trousers? I mean less hot, not [emoji41]

Pfanner arborist type a ... even vents for your legs ! Tick guards , you get what you pay for.
I’d rather spend a bit more and be comfy in some thing I’m gonna wear every day in any conditions and not get ticks up trouser legs!
  • Like 3