How will this stand on insurance paying out

spuddog0507

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Not laughing, much. Before you go looking, I did reverse my van into my own house Back in the winter☹️

You ARE laughing you Northern monkey! Of course you are, that’s why you said you’re not! (I didn’t say, for fear of ridicule) that it was reversing into my own yard - a manoeuvre I’ve done a squillian times (with and without trailer) without incident but on this one occasion, with a momentary lapse of concentration - boom, 3 grand down the toilet! Chuckle away my Stokey friend, sh*t happens.... ?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You ARE laughing you Northern monkey! Of course you are, that’s why you said you’re not! (I didn’t say, for fear of ridicule) that it was reversing into my own yard - a manoeuvre I’ve done a squillian times (with and without trailer) without incident but on this one occasion, with a momentary lapse of concentration - boom, 3 grand down the toilet! Chuckle away my Stokey friend, sh*t happens.... ?

"Momentary lapse of concentration!" If anyone else would have done it they would have been a right twunt.

£3k is a kick in the nads though. I feel your pain.

It will be interesting to see the outcome.

We allways see posts that your insurance comment won't pay out if you don't have x, y and z. We allways see posts saying that insurance does pay out from members talking from experience. I don't think I have ever read a post saying that their insurance company has refused to pay out due to not having the correct certs etc.

Has anyone ever had first hand experience of an insurance company not paying out due to lack of certs or paying out but recovering the costs?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

It will be interesting to see the outcome.

We allways see posts that your insurance comment won't pay out if you don't have x, y and z. We allways see posts saying that insurance does pay out from members talking from experience. I don't think I have ever read a post saying that their insurance company has refused to pay out due to not having the correct certs etc.

Has anyone ever had first hand experience of an insurance company not paying out due to lack of certs or paying out but recovering the costs?

following this as be interseting if we do get to find out what insurance company will do

Hi spoke to the guy in question this morning quotes for garage door £595-£825 but quotes for the merc repaires 6.5k - 11k  i think this is the main problem so far , but the insurance co have asked him if he is qualifid to do the task in hand , but they have not asked for any proof as yet, he has told them that they have taken between £980 & £1460 a year of him for the last 9 years , thats all i can say at the moment. and he now wants to go and do cs32 asap ,

any comments or ideas to get round this issue would be gladley appriecated so far we have had did they ask him for tickets when he took the insurance

and cs 30,31,32 etc  are only a certificate of competence and not a leagal requirement.

any othere points to add .

24 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Hi spoke to the guy in question this morning quotes for garage door £595-£825 but quotes for the merc repaires 6.5k - 11k  i think this is the main problem so far , but the insurance co have asked him if he is qualifid to do the task in hand , but they have not asked for any proof as yet, he has told them that they have taken between £980 & £1460 a year of him for the last 9 years , thats all i can say at the moment. and he now wants to go and do cs32 asap ,

any comments or ideas to get round this issue would be gladley appriecated so far we have had did they ask him for tickets when he took the insurance

and cs 30,31,32 etc  are only a certificate of competence and not a leagal requirement.

any othere points to add .

a lot of insurance companies dont ask what ya got and quals etc untill it goes wrong  YEs its totally wrong as they taking money and prob not paying out    re Quals  its industry standard and HSE and NPTC that should be suitable qualified  i think this is why the insurance co have asked   and sooner or later im sure they will ask who did task and what quals and training they had   prob even ask for method statement and safe working method as it looks like its gonna cost insurance co if they pay out      all insurnace cos should ask for quals first and then insure person company etc to the quals and adjust premium accordingly  its not a nice situation to be in   be very interested how it pans out     only thing i could see if he knew someone who had such qual that would say he was there  maybe not doing job but supervising it but they could then say due to size and complexity that the CS32 man should have done it and then they will get on to why rock it why was not more than manpower used ie van etc ven with redirect and ive also seen people doing this and really hammering big wedges in too fasty and snapping off hindge     in end i wish this person well and once he dose cs32 in future he will have that qual and no doubt he will learn a lot about medium / large trees     i still think that there should be small medium and large tree element in 3 seperate quals as the loads and elements you have to take in to account from  torsion value etc from medium to large is vast and should not be 1 qual should be do small   then do medium then do large  i did mine this way and gave me a very good insight into why and what etc