Logosol V Woodland Mills or other?

Woodworks

Just toying with getting a small mill. Need to rebuild a wooden barn next year and wondering about milling the wood myself. Using an Alaskan today but it's a slow old game not helped by using a regular bar and chain ?.

So of the smallish mills out there what are the pros and cons. I presumed the Logosol using a chainsaw bar would waste more wood but re reading old post there is not much in it as a good bar and chain leaves a good finish and is very accurate apparently but is this the case ?

Fancy going halfs on one? Need one for occasional use and I'm not that far from you. Have an option on a well specced and we'll reduced new logosol I'd that appeals. Could help you get started on it as I've milled thousands of tonnes over the last 7 years.

I have a logosol M8. No experience with anything else. Work on 8ft sections conifer 18”diameter. Built a few sheds and garden furniture etc. I’m happy. No money, just hobby. Do it all on Tod without need for help

I’d be rich if there was a market for sawdust

One of the appealing things about the Logosol is it being A. made of aly and B. portable so it would not need to live out in the weather and wouldn't rust if does get a bit wet from time to time. Not got barn space for a mill but how weather proof is the Woodland Mills machine? 

Not sure about sharing a mill Big J as I know you are coming to Devon but not exactly going to be near by. 

• Sad 1

The woodland mills is galvanised and available on a trailer, they also do a cover for the saw head for just over £100 although I would personally get a cover for the whole thing. 

Random point - for some reason there's no vat on their mills.

8 hours ago, Woodworks said:

One of the appealing things about the Logosol is it being A. made of aly and B. portable so it would not need to live out in the weather and wouldn't rust if does get a bit wet from time to time. Not got barn space for a mill but how weather proof is the Woodland Mills machine? 

Not sure about sharing a mill Big J as I know you are coming to Devon but not exactly going to be near by. 

Not to worry!

My wife is gently mocking me for claiming that I need a personal sawmill, so I'm just trying to find an angle that keeps the cost down but means I still have the capability to cut my own logs

That skinny Swedish fellow on the video is stronger than he looks. I don’t class the M8 as portable, it’s effing heavy. I scratched my car man handling it onto the roof. I take the run off and leave it in the woods and transport the remainder on my truck. I store it outside no issues