560 has done well for us, revs up fast so great for snedding to. 

Edit: I'm only just outside Llandovery if you want to test one. Got to keep anyone who works for Pontrilas happy so we get more tidy wood. ;)

Edited by gdh

I use a 560 and when we're chogging up fat stems it keeps up with the boss using a 441 (and his sharpening is significantly better than mine) - I think the 560 is pretty much the best all rounder, light and ergonomic enough to use all day, but with enough grunt that you need to be cutting something really big to feel that you'd want a bigger saw.
If I had the money I'd probably get a 562 as the 'one saw to rule them all' as I've heard that the little bit of extra grunt makes a big difference in terms of running longer bars - though mine goes very happily on an 18" and I think could pull up to 24" if necessary :-)

4 hours ago, jamallio96 said:

I use a 560 and when we're chogging up fat stems it keeps up with the boss using a 441 (and his sharpening is significantly better than mine) - I think the 560 is pretty much the best all rounder, light and ergonomic enough to use all day, but with enough grunt that you need to be cutting something really big to feel that you'd want a bigger saw.
If I had the money I'd probably get a 562 as the 'one saw to rule them all' as I've heard that the little bit of extra grunt makes a big difference in terms of running longer bars - though mine goes very happily on an 18" and I think could pull up to 24" if necessary ?

Its actually the same engine in the 562 as the 560 .  Slightly more output  on the oil pump ( for longer bars ) and running 3/8 cutting gear  . There is the high top filter and cover but its not more powerful .

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

Its actually the same engine in the 562 as the 560 .  Slightly more output  on the oil pump ( for longer bars ) and running 3/8 cutting gear  . There is the high top filter and cover but its not more powerful .

Stubby you've probably forgotten more about husky saws than i know mate.

I doff my wee scottish bunnet to you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I was thinking this the other day, you never seem to get people recommending the MS362 in the same way as the 560. Not one of the classics?

Seem to me the other consideration is how much walking you have to do to get to your felling site, lighter may be better?

No, its not one of the classics.  Its a good saw though.  Not sure why its not more popular?  It always feels a bit more of a lump than the husky equivelant, not so stream lined.  I would take it over the 560 though anyday

I bow to your superior knowledge over my hearsay good sir!
Would'st thou agree however, that the 560 is a spiffing saw?

We have loads of huskys at work, 346 not bad,
550,560,572? All crap saws.
They don't like to start in the heat.
They cut out, and are generally sh*t.
Every husky I've ever used over 11 years has been sh*t.
I genuinely don't understand why people buy them.
Stihl make some sh*t saws too but they are domestic.
The pro range is solid, reliable and cuts well.
(Had 3 huskys fail today)
Taking my own stihls tomorrow.
[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

• Like 1