T Mech Stump grinder

aspenarb

This little grinder has had a fair bit of use now and seems to be holding up well. A few design flaws that will need ironing out. Firstly the crap plasticy skirts do little or nothing to contain the grindings from escaping, they need changing for rubber and extending a little to stop the shite getting all over the pullstart and cooling vents, second thing is the flimsy belt guard which I dont thing will be long for this world. May add a few braces before it gets trashed. Other than that its all good and will probably invest in a Greenwheel for it.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb
  • Like 2

On 19/07/2018 at 01:34, Stumpy Grinder said:

Willow is a test for any machine! Give the poor thing a chance!

I think willow and silver birch are two of my least favourite types to grind. Very fibrous and require sharp teeth!

Worst one ever was a Holme Oak which was absolutely massive and had to be taken out completely! I've never seen so much wood underground.

The absolute worst is long dead acacia, like iron.

• Like 1

A poplar, not Lombardy and not one I could pin down with my Collins almost broke me by making coarse string instead of chip. 

I went home at lunch to fetch the angle grinder to tickle the teeth. That only helped a bit.

Sometimes the centre of larger conifers would produce stringy fibres.

Stuart

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same machine badged as a Hyundai, works very nicely, cost less than a grand and has done some good work so far.

The cables have all been trouble as they come loose and stretch, but noting that can't be sorted. I'm pleased with it.

Its now in need of a sharpen, which I will have a go at, but I'd also be interested in a good source of spare teeth?thanks?

On 08/11/2018 at 15:00, Reeves4Trees said:

I have the same stump grinder, where can you get hold of new teeth for £65 please?

23 hours ago, william127 said:

I have the same machine badged as a Hyundai, works very nicely, cost less than a grand and has done some good work so far.

The cables have all been trouble as they come loose and stretch, but noting that can't be sorted. I'm pleased with it.

Its now in need of a sharpen, which I will have a go at, but I'd also be interested in a good source of spare teeth?thanks?

Sorry for the delay chaps. The grinder and spares etc come from here https://www.monstershop.co.uk/contacts/

The bolts they supply are chocolate so dont bother with those , the teeth are good.

Bob

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hard question to answer, but a set of teeth, how often would you need to change these? I know this depends on many factors but just a rough idea. I only ever hire stump grinders so never have to deal with maintenance, but I'm considering getting one of these. Seems a no brainer as I'm hiring mini grinders at £80 every few weeks.

Also, will it tackle larger stumps if the user has the willpower?

• 10 months later...

I bought one of these last year. It is a decent wee bit of kit the only problem is getting replacement teeth. Monster only supply the teeth as a pack, 3 left, 3 right, 3 straight for £130. Problem for us is we break mostly straight teeth. Has anyone tried different teeth on the wheel or replaced the wheel? Do Hyundai supply single teeth?

• 1 month later...