Best log burning cooker with boiler?

I have a Broseley range cooker that does DHW and CH. Love it to bits but I am moving house and it will be staying behind.

I really want something similar in my new house but what is considered the best?

The biggest fault with my Broseley is that it needs refuelling every 3 hours minimum so won't stay in overnight although that could be because I burn mostly leylandii. My Arrow stove stays in well though so not just wood type.

Any experienced recommendations?

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

Yes, don't attempt to keep a woodfired  range going overnight if it means the logs smoulder, a flame always needs to be present unless burning out char.

Why's that?

I don't try and keep it in because I know it's a waste of time trying. 

I have two other log burners in the house and I can keep them in, presumably because they seal up better and maybe because i do tend to burn hardwood on them.

1 hour ago, Peasgood said:

Why's that?

Because you need a flame to burn wood cleanly. If it's smouldering much of the chemical energy is going up the flue unburnt and ends up as tars elsewhere.

It's fine if you burn a load of wood quickly and cleanly and leave a bed of char to tick over as that  will keep alight with minimal air and only produce carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.

So is something like a Broseley Thermo Rosa as good as it's going to get then?

Cousin has one and he's pleased enough with his.

Mine was a bigger version and it's the bee's knees as far as I am concerned but they don't make them any more and it would be too big for my new place anyway.

3 hours ago, richardwale said:

Interesting. I never burn overnight for that reason, but it's ok to pretty much close down completely when it's just the coals?

Yes. Interestingly the word curfew comes from the practice of gathering the coals together and covering them to keep the fire in. It comes from the french, cry couvre feu,  shouted when people should be off to bed.

Allez la France

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

Yes. Interestingly the word curfew comes from the practice of gathering the coals together and covering them to keep the fire in. It comes from the french, cry couvre feu,  shouted when people should be off to bed.

Allez la France

I’m guessing, but are you the captain of the your local quiz team?