An insight into us.

Ian Flatters

Hi everyone,

A good few months back we were approached by Vermeer in the United States about writing an article on us as a company.

I hope some of you may find it interesting as over the last 9 years I’ve focused much more on supporting your workforce and their goals over monetary gains.

https://www.treeviews.com/a-man-with-a-plan-how-ian-flatters-chose-tree-care-as-his-profession/

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 5

Hi everyone,

A good few months back we were approached by Vermeer in the United States about writing an article on us as a company.

I hope some of you may find it interesting as over the last 9 years I’ve focused much more on supporting your workforce and their goals over monetary gains.

https://www.treeviews.com/a-man-with-a-plan-how-ian-flatters-chose-tree-care-as-his-profession/

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks, a good read
  • Like 1

Much of the article is about buying locally, supporting the local economy etc, yet its was produced at the request of a US company, who's equipment appear to be the major assets the Co has purchased.

Irony? 

Not at all,

I cannot buy that equipment locally as it’s not built locally. So I buy as local as I can, my rep lives an hour away and timber wolf, greenmech don’t make anything like that.

You can always rip something apart should you chose, focusing on in this instance the company writing the article being American. But they are just the top of the chain, as you know there’s a global network of suppliers.

I hope this answers your question?

Cheers,

Ian

Good article Ian but not quite right factually we and a few others in your area have had 12 inch plus chippers for many years 17 years in our case and do know about and benefit from the competitive edge they can give.

welcome to the big chipper club.

Hi Phil,

Cheers, but your chippers bigger than mine.

It is factual as it says our competition was roughy chipping, You, ed Benton, citycare (used to) and a few others run bandits. For that reason and they were told that I wasn’t the only one during their interview. It’s as you know about the 90% who run 5-6” chippers and take much longer in time to process material.

Edit: just thinking about it, Vermeer are never going to put “a couple of people run bandit 990xps” for example. [emoji6]

I hope this answers your question?

Ian

Size isn’t everything!!!!

ours is a 915 so 142 hp and 15-18 inch capacity our old machine is working for Ed Benton still .

In Oz and the States the dealers have chip offs, I’m sure Dean at global would love that.

seriously a big chipper will earn its keep ,open doors and save you money so that’s the way to go .

• Like 1