Brash

When that power station was planned/built the blurb said it would only burn brash/stumps/roots/waste and locally grown willow. (Almost all the willow fields have been ripped up now)

Complete white elephant (as most eco/green government schemes are) possibly works elsewhere in drier soils/climes but not SW scot.

I have been told how many artics of 'good/decent' timber it takes a day/week but keep forgetting as the number is so high i sometimes doubt its real. But wagons are running into it non stop 12hrs a day.

Originally they had diggers and forwarders digging up stumps and brash (more like mulch by time forwarders used brash matt) off harvesting sites, which must of cost a fortune and used a load of deisel, due to the loads u could take of stumps/brash, then found it would hardly chip or burn unless power washed 1st.

Been a long tine since i heard of them taking much brash in, althou i do think Jenky's are chipping some stuff in forests now, not sure if brash or tidying up all those 1/2 artic loads of logs lying everywhere round forest tracks.

Might be worth phoning Jenky's?

I think there is still a couple of boys running skylines down here althou i think they only run them when needed as part of a bigger harvesting site (so sit at yard/up wood most of the time)

i'll give u a pm

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

When that power station was planned/built the blurb said it would only burn brash/stumps/roots/waste and locally grown willow. (Almost all the willow fields have been ripped up now)

Complete white elephant (as most eco/green government schemes are) possibly works elsewhere in drier soils/climes but not SW scot.

I have been told how many artics of 'good/decent' timber it takes a day/week but keep forgetting as the number is so high i sometimes doubt its real. But wagons are running into it non stop 12hrs a day.

Originally they had diggers and forwarders digging up stumps and brash (more like mulch by time forwarders used brash matt) off harvesting sites, which must of cost a fortune and used a load of deisel, due to the loads u could take of stumps/brash, then found it would hardly chip or burn unless power washed 1st.

Been a long tine since i heard of them taking much brash in, althou i do think Jenky's are chipping some stuff in forests now, not sure if brash or tidying up all those 1/2 artic loads of logs lying everywhere round forest tracks.

Might be worth phoning Jenky's?

I think there is still a couple of boys running skylines down here althou i think they only run them when needed as part of a bigger harvesting site (so sit at yard/up wood most of the time)

i'll give u a pm

yes there was a fair chunk of willow growing just north of junction 40 M6 but not been up there for about a year or so so dont know if its still there and jenky,s are chipping on site both brash and chjp wood, they have chipped brash and log on a few Tilhill sites i have been on and brash on a Eurotrash site all in lancashire and hauling it to Lockerbie 100 mile (how eco friendly is that for a carbon neutral power station) but not seen any stumps ripped out yet, a haulier from down here had a wagon and drag up there 5 days a week hauling chip wood from up the A7 back to Lockerbie but that went tits up about 12 monthes since,

The stumps were a massive disaster, as anyone with any common sense could imagine they would be.

Doubt they'll ever go back to ripping those out again.

The costs off digging them out and then transporting them to roadside/site to be washed and chipped.

Not very environmentally friendly.

The best laugh is there used to be a field of willow literally right next to it, yet they cart the chip down to penrith somwhere to dry for 1 year. Absolutely bonkers 100mile round trip when the harvester almost could of blown the chip into there yard when cutting the endriggs.

9 hours ago, drinksloe said:

The stumps were a massive disaster, as anyone with any common sense could imagine they would be.

Doubt they'll ever go back to ripping those out again.

The costs off digging them out and then transporting them to roadside/site to be washed and chipped.

Not very environmentally friendly.

The best laugh is there used to be a field of willow literally right next to it, yet they cart the chip down to penrith somwhere to dry for 1 year. Absolutely bonkers 100mile round trip when the harvester almost could of blown the chip into there yard when cutting the endriggs.

This country is feked man, we need a Donald trump style leadership things like this are a total joke.