Thorn in knuckle

Billy K

9 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Take and egg cup and fill it with sugar.  Boil the kettle and fill the egg cup with it.  When the sugar dissolves you'll have a very sugary solution.  Soak a small piece of clean linnen or bandage in the solution.  Then fold over a few times and tape it over the wound overnight.  The sugary solution helps to bring the Thorn to the surface.

Burn the witch ! ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yournamehere said:

Interesting.

Is this a water absorption thing?

Upthread^ someone said use silica: silica crystals are used for water absorption packs in electrical equipment.

Would honey work?

Honey is an emergency first aid cure-all and bread curls when spread with honey cos the bread is drying out on one side only as the honey draws out the moisture. It's not magic; just water being drawn in to a concentrated solution.

And the thorn with it.

The silica reference was to a homoeopathic preparation of silica - literally nothing to do with the dessicant bead packs you find in shoe boxes and noodle packets. The homoeopathic pills are sugar pills with the spiritual energy of sillica in them, but no actual atoms of sillica. Though the do look identical (coincidentally) to the wee sillica dessicant beads. Very confusing, I know. Just go to your local pharmacy or health food shop and ask for homoeopathic Sillica C30 and put one pill under your tongue and dissolve. Repeat once or twice a day until the Blackthorn fragment pops out. It really works.

• Haha 1

About 30 year ago i was dragged through a thorn bush by a cow and ended up with a 1.5 inch thorn up under my arm in my chest.

Didn't notice the thorn as it was not visible for a few days and a lot of other places hurt more. Eventually it made itself known and one of my mates extracted it with pliers .It healed up fine but was red and hot for days after

More recently i got struck by a dead date palm frond that foolishly i put up my arm to fend it off .Should have just stepped back.

Anyway it hit my left arm and two spiky bits went in right to the bone..The pain was intense and bled like a stuck pig when i extracted them with fencing pliers.It did not get infected but was considerably painful for days after.

8 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

The silica reference was to a homoeopathic preparation of silica - literally nothing to do with the dessicant bead packs you find in shoe boxes and noodle packets. The homoeopathic pills are sugar pills with the spiritual energy of sillica in them, but no actual atoms of sillica. Though the do look identical (coincidentally) to the wee sillica dessicant beads. Very confusing, I know. Just go to your local pharmacy or health food shop and ask for homoeopathic Sillica C30 and put one pill under your tongue and dissolve. Repeat once or twice a day until the Blackthorn fragment pops out. It really works.

Ah! Gotcha.

Much like how you would call a christmas cake that had no cabbage in it 'a cabbage'?

I get that now.

Not confusing at all really is it?

Just lies, obfuscation and profit.

30 minutes ago, Yournamehere said:

Ah! Gotcha.

Much like how you would call a christmas cake that had no cabbage in it 'a cabbage'?

I get that now.

Not confusing at all really is it?

Just lies, obfuscation and profit.

Not really, you could make Sillica C30 at home for free if you wanted, not hard at all, just not worth the bother. It really does work. 

38 minutes ago, kimtree said:

About 30 year ago i was dragged through a thorn bush by a cow and ended up with a 1.5 inch thorn up under my arm in my chest.

Didn't notice the thorn as it was not visible for a few days and a lot of other places hurt more. Eventually it made itself known and one of my mates extracted it with pliers .It healed up fine but was red and hot for days after

More recently i got struck by a dead date palm frond that foolishly i put up my arm to fend it off .Should have just stepped back.

Anyway it hit my left arm and two spiky bits went in right to the bone..The pain was intense and bled like a stuck pig when i extracted them with fencing pliers.It did not get infected but was considerably painful for days after.

Forget the sillica - ask for Kimtree C30!

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Forget the sillica - ask for Kimtree C30!

It is difficult now to imagine what it used to be like in the old days - that people working on the land used to get a scratch and die.

It's probably just as difficult to imagine what it must have been like when the first anti-biotics were developed and going to the doctor with an inflamed and infected scratch; and instead of being told to go home, put your affairs in order and make your peace with the lord, that 'ping' take this wonderful new medicine and don't worry you'll be fine. No really.

And yet, now that we have forgotten what it used to be like and have not only reaped the benefits of, but become blase about, one of the most wonderful discoveries in the history of ever, we also seem to have forgotten that if you get an infected scratch you may yet still die.

If you get an infected scratch and sepsis or some other bacterium gets to work, all the sugar pills and magic water in the world will not save you. You will die.

Needlessly.

If you get an infected scratch please, please, please ignore any idiot that suggest taking anything homeopathic for it and go to your G.P. who will save your life.

Thankyou.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Yournamehere said:

It is difficult now to imagine what it used to be like in the old days - that people working on the land used to get a scratch and die.

It's probably just as difficult to imagine what it must have been like when the first anti-biotics were developed and going to the doctor with an inflamed and infected scratch; and instead of being told to go home, put your affairs in order and make your peace with the lord, that 'ping' take this wonderful new medicine and don't worry you'll be fine. No really.

And yet, now that we have forgotten what it used to be like and have not only reaped the benefits of, but become blase about, one of the most wonderful discoveries in the history of ever, we also seem to have forgotten that if you get an infected scratch you may yet still die.

If you get an infected scratch and sepsis or some other bacterium gets to work, all the sugar pills and magic water in the world will not save you. You will die.

Needlessly.

If you get an infected scratch please, please, please ignore any idiot that suggest taking anything homeopathic for it and go to your G.P. who will save your life.

Thankyou.

If you take the homeopathic preparation as soon as you get the scratch, it will not become infected. I have been doing this for twenty years or more. Mind you I also use iodine. When out immune systems are not weakened by antibiotics and over vaccination in childhood (I was lucky, only got the MMR) we can actually fight off most everything. People back in the days before antibiotics recovered from lost limbs, gunshot wounds, all sorts of terrible injuries. I will always promote the homoeopathic route, as I have seen it work small miracles on myself and others - by all means scoff on - your scepticism feeds the publicity and curiosity of the general public. Some of them will remember the debate and experiment, experience the results and become converts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

If you take the homeopathic preparation as soon as you get the scratch, it will not become infected. I have been doing this for twenty years or more. Mind you I also use iodine. When out immune systems are not weakened by antibiotics and over vaccination in childhood (I was lucky, only got the MMR) we can actually fight off most everything. People back in the days before antibiotics recovered from lost limbs, gunshot wounds, all sorts of terrible injuries. I will always promote the homoeopathic route, as I have seen it work small miracles on myself and others - by all means scoff on - your scepticism feeds the publicity and curiosity of the general public. Some of them will remember the debate and experiment, experience the results and become converts.

I'm going to assume that this post is so obviously so utterly stupid that I don't have to go through it point by point and say WRONG WRONG WRONG.

1 minute ago, Yournamehere said:

I'm going to assume that this post is so obviously so utterly stupid that I don't have to go through it point by point and say WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Bit harsh as he says it works for him ...