Thorn in knuckle

Billy K

Just now, Stubby said:

Bit harsh as he says it works for him ...

With Iodine!

'People back in the days before antibiotics recovered from lost limbs, gunshot wounds, all sorts of terrible injuries.'

Occasionally; there will always be exceptions, still, if you can call sugar without sillica 'sillica' I guess you can call millions dying and half a dozen surviving 'people survived'. But Mostly they died. At The seige of delhi and in the crimea they didn't even get to the gunshot/losing limb stage they just died. In their thousands.

'I will always promote the homoeopathic route',

Please don't you are danger to to the wider community: homeopathy kills because it stops people getting proper treatment

I am, kinda, with HOYC, re antibiotic avoidance, for whatever reason, unless ABSOLUTLY needed.

Many others are not, apparently.

Essentially, in my reasonably, i.e. 60-15=45 years formed opinion, antibiotics should not be guzzled as a preventitive measure, as most undoubtely/indisputably  are.

Save them for when they are actually/really needed.

marcus

• Like 2

I’m sorry, I always try and keep it light but I have to back your name here.
Please, please, do not take any treatment that is not evidence based ( and I do not mean a few personal anecdotes but decades of rigorous scientific research).
By all means take some homeopathic water for a minor self limiting problem that will get better in a week anyway, I do not mind. Equally I do not mind if you worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, just don’t proselytise it to others.
To say antibiotics and vaccinations weaken the immune system is dangerous nonsense. Vaccines enhance immune systems. We are lucky to have the luxurious complacency in this country to knock such treatments when millions die in developing countries.
I don’t mind herbalists etc because at least we are talking some active biochemical ingredient although it does make me laugh if they say natures ways are safer ( try some Death Cap)
Homeopathy is nonsense period, no debate, against the laws of physics and chemistry. Water memory? Do me a favour! The simple molecule can remember the arnica or whatever it was briefly introduced to? It can therefore also remember Napoleons piss and all the other countless compounds it has come into contact with since it was formed in deep space eons ago.
I’m gonna go put some h2o in some c2h6o now and calm down

4 minutes ago, westphalian said:

Please, please, do not take any treatment that is not evidence based ( and I do not mean a few personal anecdotes but decades of rigorous scientific research).
By all means take some homeopathic water for a minor self limiting problem that will get better in a week anyway, I do not mind. Equally I do not mind if you worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, just don’t proselytise it to others.
To say antibiotics and vaccinations weaken the immune system is dangerous nonsense. Vaccines enhance immune systems. We are lucky to have the luxurious complacency in this country to knock such treatments when millions die in developing countries.
I don’t mind herbalists etc because at least we are talking some active biochemical ingredient although it does make me laugh if they say natures ways are safer ( try some Death Cap)
Homeopathy is nonsense period, no debate, against the laws of physics and chemistry. Water memory? Do me a favour! The simple molecule can remember the arnica or whatever it was briefly introduced to? It can therefore also remember Napoleons piss and all the other countless compounds it has come into contact with since it was formed in deep space eons ago.

one thing in favour of homeopathy is that it goes hand in hand with Darwinism, and our species gets more intelligent with it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, westphalian said:

No debate?? No, sorry, homoeopathic treatment has a long history of success. Like all things medical, you need to know which remedy to take for what ailment, and when. Consult with a classically trained homoepath if in doubt. You don't have to like it, but it exists and helps millions on a daily basis. I speak the truth, you can deny the truth, and I understand your position, but it is still truth. Some things in this world are not yet understood by science, and maybe never will be. It matters not.

Edited by Haironyourchest

10 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

there's a term for homeopathic remedies that have been scientifically proven. It will come you me soon. 

Was it for memory loss ?

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yournamehere said:

With Iodine!

'People back in the days before antibiotics recovered from lost limbs, gunshot wounds, all sorts of terrible injuries.'

Occasionally; there will always be exceptions, still, if you can call sugar without sillica 'sillica' I guess you can call millions dying and half a dozen surviving 'people survived'. But Mostly they died. At The seige of delhi and in the crimea they didn't even get to the gunshot/losing limb stage they just died. In their thousands.

'I will always promote the homoeopathic route',

Please don't you are danger to to the wider community: homeopathy kills because it stops people getting proper treatment

Ok . ?