bought new husqvarna diagnostic tool

huskywilson

On 12/07/2018 at 23:23, huskywilson said:

well its not a huge issue as would be nice to have that tool , i seen them over the pond with the CD a few years on the go and were real expensive and only had 1 outotune so never bothered  with it  so now i have 3 and friends have them too so randomly googled it and it came up and  was new sealed box for sale so bought it  out of the blue and now the S....t hit the fan lol 

How did you get on?

I would speak to the people who you bought it from, they will have to refund you and pay for the return shipment. It is absolutely useless with a dealer account which is why they should not be selling it.

yeah i,ll contact them as its not right what they did , but maybe not totally their fault  , prob did not think about it as it was maybe  aspare one so a sales person put it on their site , i,ll  find out  but would be good to have it to check my saws regular ,i,m a bit of a geek lol 

As said the dealer shouldn’t have sold you this. The CD was for the first version of auto tune. Well out of date now. If a dealer even offered to somehow give you the firmware you wouldn’t be able to use it as you don’t have a log in. No dealer is going to give you there individual login so you can access there account are they. The functions are very limited it offers you no real advantages it’s far from car diagnostics. The main use is for uploading firmware to new units. Other than that you can see some stats and clear fault codes but if your saws broke it’s broke. This won’t tell you what the fault is exactly. 

• 1 year later...

I think this bit of kit allows dealers to appear to be some sort of saw magicians but in reality, as long as it goes through the cursory checks, they tell their customers that nothing is wrong and it stops them using their grey matter to diagnose the faults in the traditional way.

The diagnostic is a bit wobbly and there are only three bits of info it lists that can be construed as useful.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 12/07/2018 at 21:55, Joe Newton said:

My 357 is 16 years old. Wonder how many modern saws will be going then. 

new is not always best & these days things get updated so fast. They just want you to buy new, I have saws from 1987 and all working fine, they were made to last and do a job. This new stuff is made to do a job but not last...... where will the battery saws be in ten years time? left under the bench all dead 

• Like 1