bought new husqvarna diagnostic tool

huskywilson

I bought the new  husqvarna CST  from a  garden machinery place  just to check up un my autotune saws  and my pals ones  for settings /use and codes etc  but it didnt come with the CD  , so must be a newer version and has the quick guide sheet for upload and install stuff from the husqvarna support site  so have to log in and follow on  with the info  but i,m not a dealer  so i cant do it , messaged Husqvarna but no reply yet , anyone on here not a dealer have one of these tools that has sorted it out ? 

IMG_8618.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

Would have thought chances of getting access to the software are pretty much zero. What you have is basically some connection cables to connect saw to laptop, useless without software . I imagine Husqvarna are as keen as Stihl to keep unauthorized personnel from working on their saws.

So the burning question is.....why do Husqvarna make this tool available to the general public, take the money and then not supply the software!!!

As you purchased the kit from a Husqvarna parts supplier, your contract is with them and any issues........ the kit not being fit for purpose, support etc rests with them and not the manufacturer so go back to the supplier.

Liken it to buying a pair of Nike trainers from your local sports shop only to find the sole falls off on of them. You would take the item back to the local supplier and not Nike so that is your recourse.

Husqvarna are stopping access to their CST and only allowing dealers to have access to it, a bit like the car manufacturers did in the early stages of cars with ECUs, eventually they were made to fit a system called OBD11 due to the outcry from independent car repairers and everyone can now access their car diagnostic and control system with a £5 bit of electronics, the port every car now has and an android smartphone!

So - in short, all autotune saws will eventually have their firmware and systems interrogated by Husqvarna dealers only.....how does that grab ya?

• Like 2

So the burning question is.....why do Husqvarna make this tool available to the general public, take the money and then not supply the software!!!

As you purchased the kit from a Husqvarna parts supplier, your contract is with them and any issues........ the kit not being fit for purpose, support etc rests with them and not the manufacturer so go back to the supplier.

Liken it to buying a pair of Nike trainers from your local sports shop only to find the sole falls off on of them. You would take the item back to the local supplier and not Nike so that is your recourse.

Husqvarna are stopping access to their CST and only allowing dealers to have access to it, a bit like the car manufacturers did in the early stages of cars with ECUs, eventually they were made to fit a system called OBD11 due to the outcry from independent car repairers and everyone can now access their car diagnostic and control system with a £5 bit of electronics, the port every car now has and an android smartphone!

So - in short, all autotune saws will eventually have their firmware and systems interrogated by Husqvarna dealers only.....how does that grab ya?
Thus not owning a single autotune saw and having a 1996 hilux.

It'll catch up with me eventually I guess
  • Like 3

i have 3 and my pal has 2  autotunes  and another guy  has 3  so its just a heads up for me to give checks now and again to see any issues and check use and numbers / hrs , idle flat out etc and  a reset to see if codes appear again  if any are there , i have a local dealer but get charged for it  did have minor error codes  on both so reset so want to see if things appear again , so over a year or two it will have paid its self off , and will save a lot of  time  with them , i do pull saws apart a lot  and repair and modify , so if its electronic stuff , yip your correct , but mechanical  is fine