Using sky-jack on uneven ground

Ru.

Now then

Can any one please help with some knowledge and advice on using a sky-jack on uneven ground. I have got a job in a church yard to remove low hanging dead/dying branches from around 10trees and was wondering if any one has done this with a skyjack (or have any other suggestions)

Will it manage the uneven ground if i get the scissor lift as it looks to be not to wide to fit through tight gaps. And weight might be an issue as not to end up joining some pour soul in a hole.

Climbing is last option as the foliage is dense and will be time consuming

Any help/advice appreciated

• Like 1

I've used lifts in plenty of graveyards in the past and its always a big concern.  You never really know where an old grave might be, particularly in very old church yards.  I certainly wouldn't rely on standard pads, at the least they should sit on top of a think ply sheet.  Tracking around will also be a concern though.  Are ground mats feasible?

How high are the branches?  Are ladders and poles an option?

• Thanks 1

Now then Steve
Ground mats is a good shout and might be worth looking into on second inspection of the yard, what lift did you use to do the jobs?
7-10m up at a guesstimate. The lift sounded like a good idea as i can put the limbs into the basket as i saw them off reducing the danger of dropping them on the gravestones

Will depend how uneven the ground is and the make of machine there are some with leg to level them up, one machine to look at is an ATN with leg that do not come out far. Did some grave yard trees about 4 months ago and hired a 26m tracked to do large pollard then dead wood some others in there at the same time did 4 trees with out moving it reached over the top of grave stone with ease. They are a lot lighter then boom lifts.

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 1

Can't remember the exact models.  Where are you based?  The company I used for one particular job actually came out for a site visit and advised on the best machine

North Yorkshire near Ripon, will give a plant hire shop a buzz and see if they are as clued up as your man. thanks for the advise much appreciated mate

Can't remember the exact models.  Where are you based?  The company I used for one particular job actually came out for a site visit and advised on the best machine

North Yorkshire near Ripon, will give a plant hire shop a buzz and see if they are as clued up as your man. thanks for the advise much appreciated mate
  • Like 1

Pwm platforms at B Bridge , talk to Paul as he has a good range of tracked machines and as your local will probably come have a look and can operate for you as well if needed.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...