Petzl ASAP or DMM Catch in the tree

john meehan

18 hours ago, mawsonarb said:
On 09/07/2018 at 00:06, Gaz-exRM said:
I’ve had to do it on Network rail. Two anchors too two SRT lines. Climbing on one and the other as back up. I just used an auto block. Bit OTT for me. All the years in the RM in the mountains with commando units we hardly had any accidents and no deaths on single rope.

Read more  

Let it go man...let it go....

But it true though mate !

9 hours ago, Si Jo Tee said:

Phew! thought it was recent. Thank you for the offer Gaz but if it's that long ago then we'll stay with what we're doing now. Cheers.

The guy wasn’t a tree climber, he was IRATA. But network rail took him on (blag artist) off paperwork. I’m IRATA from the corps, I’ve climbed everything since I was ten years old, and he was full of shit. But I used two SRT lines to shut him up. Pointless venture though !!!

Incorrect loading, using the wrong carabiner, not connecting properly, poor maintence. The list goes on really,

Another big one I think is people not stripping in on change overs.

But to actually break them?

Sounds like a chain of failures with staff not using best practise - or any sound practise ! Nothing wrong with single line or double lines in trees ( as long as yr anchored twice fr yr cut . How people store climbing kit is atrocious in most companies ( saws on ropes ) K