Carburetor limiting screws

MrNick

I'm having trouble setting up the carb on a 372xp pre x torque and am blaming the adjustment limiters. They are a bit mashed up (second hand saw) and locating a screwdriver in the running saw is a pain. If i remove them what is left,  a screwdriver slot?  At the moment i have 2800 rpm at idle and 12250 rpm flat out. Thanks Nick

The idle is OK but the top end should be around 13,000rpm on a run in saw, 13,500 is the maximum on a standard saw. The limiters just....limit the amount of adjustment for the 90% of people that cant adjust a carb properly. If the limiters are removed, you are left with a slot head to make adjustment. The mashed heads will just make adjustment more difficult, don't know of there are any other issues you have.

I don't think there are any air leaks the saw ran well before. I decided to run it on aspen like all my others so put all new rubber on it, manifold, impulse line, fuel line and a carb kit. The limiters look as if they are an after thought to an old style carb to meet  emission regs. I' ll take them off and retune again.