Remember when the British legal system was the envy of the world?

Inoff the Red

I know you aren't going to believe this but, I've been to the pub this afternoon, told you you wouldn't believe it....

A mate of mines brother was in the pub, he works for the CPS. I got talking to him about this case, is attitude was, "these things happen",  (remember he's talking about someone's liberty), it ended in a blazing row. I went fecking beserk. This is what we could be up against if someone accuses us of something we haven't done.

"It doesn't happen that often" was the bit that boiled my piss.

when he told me he wouldn't put himself in that situation I didn't know if to laugh or cry.

The film, Enemy of the State addressed that pretty well. Is there much you can say to people like that though? I’d like to think so but I’ve been disappointed before.

Talking of pubs, you may see me in one soon. Will send you a private message as the week pans out.

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I know you aren't going to believe this but, I've been to the pub this afternoon, told you you wouldn't believe it....

A mate of mines brother was in the pub, he works for the CPS. I got talking to him about this case, is attitude was, "these things happen",  (remember he's talking about someone's liberty), it ended in a blazing row. I went fecking beserk. This is what we could be up against if someone accuses us of something we haven't done.

"It doesn't happen that often" was the bit that boiled my piss.

when he told me he wouldn't put himself in that situation I didn't know if to laugh or cry.

Its the job of the police to determine if a crime has been committed, and if they think one has then why would they do the work of the defense?..

In a case like this were no one wants to get involved, witnesses who might be willing to turn a blind eye, or imagine she'd overreacted to a bit of horseplay..  its even more likely they'd let the defendant pay for his own defense work..

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Its the job of the police to determine if a crime has been committed, and if they think one has then why would they do the work of the defense?..

In a case like this were no one wants to get involved, witnesses who might be willing to turn a blind eye, or imagine she'd overreacted to a bit of horseplay..  its even more likely they'd let the defendant pay for his own defense work..

No! It's the job of a jury to decide if a crime has been committed,

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

The Police/CPS should, by law, hand over all evidence to the defence. Which bit do you not understand?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AHPP said:

The Film, Enemy of the State addressed that pretty well. Is there much you can say to people like that though? I’d like to think so but I’ve been disappointed before.

Talking of pubs, you may see me in one soon. Will send you a private message as the week pans out.

I've not seen the film, I'll look it up. Do get in touch if you're about, I'll  let you buy me lunch.

33 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

The Police/CPS should, by law, hand over all evidence to the defence. Which bit do you not understand?

I don't know, what evidence are we talking about when it looks like its one persons word against another...  thats how these things turn out, sexual assault isn't done in plain view of other people ordinary..

39 minutes ago, Yournamehere said:

No! It's the job of a jury to decide if a crime has been committed,

And its the job of the police to figure if they have plausible witness/victim.. they decided they did..  

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I don't know, what evidence are we talking about when it looks like its one persons word against another...  thats how these things turn out, sexual assault isn't done in plain view of other people ordinary..

I'll feed another ten bob in.....

I thought you said you'd read the link.

• Haha 1