camping in a non campsite

PDizzle

Park where you fancy and if Plod turn up, tell them you are a tinker and part of the travelling community. That should be enough for them to leave you in peace for a month. Well thats what happens in the Peoples Republic of Nottingham on a regular basis. This week a library was closed because a group of gyppos pulled their caravans across a pavement, up and over a fairly steep grass bank and parked on a cricket pitch ( fixtures cancelled until further notice). The somewhat aggressive behaviour of said travellers was such that staff and visitors of a nearby library felt threatened. Now, imho the police should have dealt with the threatening behaviour but their solution to the problem was to close the library until further notice. Funny old world innit?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Free camping on Dartmoor all year round.
I'd recommend skaigh woods near sticklepath
On the old a30 by okehampton.
Camp, swim, have fires all good.
emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Not really- you can camp legally on Dartmoor, but it has to be at least 100metrs away from the road in a tent, no fires. Basically for backpackers and the like. Trouble is every Tom, Dick and Harry turn up with camper vans, large tents etc and camp at beauty spots along the road, with little subtlety about the operation.

Does my head in actually because it will ruin it for everyone else who does abide by common sense and law.

i don’t really have a problem with the odd camper van who just kips in a lay-by overnight with little fuss but full sized family tents set up with tables and stuff along the side of the road is a bit gross.

This bloke decided to camp on Princetown village green, funny thing is there is open moorland no moor than 100 meters away he could have legally camped on with that tent.

4AC4C747-2948-481A-9300-BE0F0FA09DD7.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies and input, I'll have a snoop around Google earth to see what I can find. The meadfoot beach looks pretty good.
I was thinking the chances of getting moved on are pretty slim. We wouldn't be setting up a huge campsite, just sitting in the back staring out to sea.
I'll head over to stealth campers site too and see whats over there,
Cheers guys

On 08/07/2018 at 09:36, PDizzle said:

Thanks for all the replies and input, I'll have a snoop around Google earth to see what I can find. The meadfoot beach looks pretty good.
I was thinking the chances of getting moved on are pretty slim. We wouldn't be setting up a huge campsite, just sitting in the back staring out to sea.
I'll head over to stealth campers site too and see whats over there,
Cheers guys

I was at Meadfoot Beach this morning at 06.30 am and did see a few big vans parked up , no idea if you were one of them ,,,was another fantastic days weather ....f$%k work ! .. I spent the day in the sea !!!!

• Like 4